First time in 42 years I don't have to say wait till next year

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alblancher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 6, 2009
Louisiana
Those of us that have been Saints fans from the beginning are finally breathing. So many years of bad teams and being among the first 5 teams to pick in the draft. So many games where we lost in the last moments. So many years when we had nothing to look forward to after the 1st half of the season. So many years telling yourself that next year is the year. We've learned to expect the worst. Last night I breathed, today I'm not walking away from the season disappointed or trying to be happy with just a winning season or a team that just tried hard.

Today SAINTS fans can truly sit back and enjoy., No need to convince yourself that next year will be better. Enjoy it, It's been a long time and DAMN IT we've earned it.

Thanks Team, we've been looking forward to this for a long time.

Al

It was not the outcome I expected I thought it'd be close a quarter to a half till Peyton figured out the looks and coverages then would pick them apart. I have to hand it to the Saints they kept mixing coverages and looks and kept the Colts offense out of sync. Congrats to the Saints and their fans it sure took long enough
biggrin.gif

Very happy for the Saints. Now if we can only get the Chargers in the same program!! Looks like Tomlinson is pretty much a gonner here now too

Good for you! I still know that feeling all to well...wait till next year... familiar words for us Browns fans.

I was rooting for the Saints all the way. My best friends brother works for them. It's very cool to have someone you grew up with being part of a Super Bowl winning organization. I already told him I want to see the ring when he gets it!!

Congrats Saints and Saints fans. I hope one day you can be saying the same to us here in the chilly North Coast.

Repeat?

Hell, I thought we where going to lose the game to the Vikings, I thought like Piney that if we could keep it close we achieved something, with a 14 point lead I still thought the game would go to OT. That's what our history has taught us.

I'm not thinking about next year this time, I'm thinking about the parade Tuesday night for the team, I'm thinking about how hard it was to find a newspaper this morning, I'm thinking about the 2000 people standing in line at Academy last night to buy shirts and caps, I'm thinking about the fire trucks leading impromptu parades of cars through every subdivision in the Metro area.

I don't care about next year, yet. I want to enjoy this year as much as I can.

Al

As a die hard Broncos fan, I'm going to have respectfully disagree with you!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

I was pulling for the Saints, but after the first 2 series, I have to admit that I was thinking that it wasn't looking too good. Then Brees and the offense settled down and the defense bent, but didn't break and made the big play at the right time just like they did all year. Congrats to the Aint w/o a Super Bowl Saits!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Last night was crazy. Our development exploded. Folks running down the street yelling. Who Dat!, fireworks everwhere. A convoy of pickups horns and lights blasting and pick up beds full of fans throwing beads. LOL
Was a lot of fun for sure.

A tip of the hat from a Cowboys fan. The team the played the best really did win that game.

I had several friends that lost a bunch of money last night.

super hats off from a die hard Chicago fan!!!
look up wait till next year and I'M sure Chicago will be mentioned
So, SO , proud of you Saints for beating dem Colts !
WHO DAT!!
congrats and God Bless!

Congrats to the Saints, I love Indy, used to live there, and grew up nearby, but what a gusty call. You have to love the fact Sean Payton coached to win. He was the MVP, just for that call. If the on-side kick failed it would have been a different game.

I haven't been a life long saint fan but I have been pulling for them since Katrina and have visited the city many time to eat and enjoy the whole lifestyle of the blues, jazz, and some of the best food that I have ever eaten. I was rooting the whole time for the saints and I really really dislike the PP Manning ever since he was at tennassee and they tried to take the SEC title away from the gators. So I'm very happy to WHO DAT fan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky