First time Bacon maker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ok, you guys on this forum and this thread are VERY ADDICTIVE. I have never made bacon, but this one thread made me start this up!! Bad influence here!!

Reactions: nlife
Naw,,,,, think of us more like enablers. Sounds sooo much better, lol.
I will NEVER buy bacon again! Y’all are the best enablers out there!! Thank you!! Thank you!
Recipe
0.25% cure#1
1.5% non-iodized salt
0.75 % sugar
convert belly weight to grams!

powder garlic and white pepper

Attachments

• IMG_4570.jpeg
    IMG_4570.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4570.jpeg
    IMG_4570.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 4
I will NEVER buy bacon again! Y’all are the best enablers out there!! Thank you!! Thank you!
Recipe
0.25% cure#1
1.5% non-iodized salt
0.75 % sugar

Nice looking bacon. Great job.

Y’all are the best enablers out there!!
You may change your mind on that once it has cost you enough. :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Recipe
0.25% cure#1
1.5% non-iodized salt
0.75 % sugar

That’s the ticket to flavor town bacon. Nice work.

Recipe
Your bacon looks wonderful!

Yep! I have to agree with the enabler part. I think I have convinced my hubbie that we should get an additional fridge. That way he can use the freezer to store hops for brewing and I can use the fridge for random bacon and sausage making sessions. Win, win.

I found this site, tried making my own belly bacon and I tell you C c5ac5b9 it's a bit tough using up the store bought bacon I have in the freezer. It's just not the same.

Thick cut vs paper thin. Bacon flavor vs whatever is in commercial bacon. Being able to adjust the ratios a tad to suit your tastes. Plus I've saved some of the homemade bacon fat and have been using it for frying in general. Bacon ends in split pea soup is also another big plus.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Your bacon looks wonderful!

Yep! I have to agree with the enabler part. I think I have convinced my hubbie that we should get an additional fridge. That way he can use the freezer to store hops for brewing and I can use the fridge for random bacon and sausage making sessions. Win, win.
i told my wife the same as i need space for sourdough bread aging n now bacon

Reactions: SixShooter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky