First spares with Jeff's rub and sauce. PICS!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
Did a rack of spares.
IMG_20180408_103738.jpg

Rubbed and rested 2 hours in fridge. Set the guru and wsm for 235 with oak and hickory.

IMG_20180408_150221.jpg

Smoked for 3.5 hours.

IMG_20180408_150407.jpg

Wrapped with squeeze butter, thin line of tiger sauce, a little more Jeff's and a few table spoons of my spritz (3/4 apple juice 1/4 cider vinegar which I spritz every hour).

IMG_20180408_164812.jpg

After 1.5ish hours in foil at 255 they were pretty much done. Sauced and threw them in the oven at 225 just to have time to cook sides.

IMG_20180408_170825.jpg

Slice shot. Very happy with how tender they were and great smoke flavor.

IMG_20180408_171143.jpg

Plated with some steamed mussles and simple blanched asparagus. Overall I really like Jeff's stuff. I will probably cut back a little on the cayenne and black pepper in the rub and the amount of garlic in the sauce.
Thanks for looking!!

Did a rack of spares.

View attachment 360027
Plated with some steamed mussles and simple blanched asparagus. Overall I really like Jeff's stuff. I will probably cut back a little on the cayenne and black pepper in the rub and the amount of garlic in the sauce.
Thanks for looking!!

I really think you need to send some samples so we can make sure they are as good as you say:)

Reactions: Jmt
Will yea look at that pull back off the bone. Outstanding.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks, all! I think I've found a good balance between 3/2/1 and hotter at 275. I think next time I'll probably modify the rub as mentioned and do a little less tiger sauce and butter just to play with it.

Those ribs and that plate look outstanding!

I too like to foil with butter, tiger sauce, rub, and I usually throw in a little brown sugar. Nice job on the cook!

Those ribs and that plate look outstanding!

I too like to foil with butter, tiger sauce, rub, and I usually throw in a little brown sugar. Nice job on the cook!

Thanks!! At one point in time I was also using brown sugar in my foil. I found it to be way to sweet for my liking and it would over the power the smokey flavor. Try cutting out the brown sugar to see if you like it. I am also going to try to cut out the rub in the foil and cut back on the tiger to see if I like it even more. The longer I do this the more I like simple smokey meat flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky