First set of 2023 Pickles / preserves B+B, Mustard. Shelf stable

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome looking stash should last a while. I have a granddaughter that would eat a jar of the bread and butter in one sitting. The girl loves just about any kind of pickle.

Warren

Thanks Warren for the love and the comment

Yes we should get to next pickle season with these ( I have 1 more batch of Mustard to do if I can find the cukes at a good price )
I am like your grand daughter , I can eat right out of the bottle, but I try not to so we have lots all winter, lol

David

You have concord grapes, that is awesome.

I posted these up top for Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 ,
But you mentioned them so thought I would show you how they are doing so far

DSC_8406.JPG

DSC_8409.JPG DSC_8410.JPG

David

Looks great David! I might have to try the mustard pickles sometime! What or how did you make the sauce you speak of?

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great David! I might have to try the mustard pickles sometime! What or how did you make the sauce you speak of?

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the comment

I love them and easy to make as you do not have to do the hot bath for these to be shelf stable.
The sauce I speak of is the sauce to make the pickles. Here it is .

and the bread and butter. I think I posted these last year when I did my 2022 Preserve Harvest pickles

Any questions Ryan just give me a shout,

DSC_5814.JPG

B and B pickles.jpg

David

Thanks for post David. Do you use white or apple vinegar on the mustard? Going to try make this week.

Brian white pickling vinegar ( just white vinegar ) for all the pickles that I make. I think apple cider would really change the flavour in the pickles. Not saying it would be bad . Might be a good combination, just not the flavour I would expect in my pickles, lol

Yes give it a go Brian, the flour give it pickle juice the smooth thickness, I eat this with a spoon, lol
That is why it is boiled for 5 minutes before you add the cukes and onions, it cooks the flour so it does not go bad/spoil.

Let us know how you like them.

It says 7 large cukes , approx. 10" - 12 " nice solid hard ones

David

Well picked up an other dozen nice cukes.
Pickled them up as Mustard pickles

Used 9 big ones, this time left the peel on them just to try it .
Will know in a couple days after they soak in the bottles.

Again these are shelf stable for around a year if they were to last that long. :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_sunglasses: 🤠

Made 6 large and 5 small bottles

DSC_8486.JPG

DSC_8488.JPG DSC_8489.JPG

DSC_8491.JPG

That's it for pickle this year, Now just the Grapes once they are ready

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
You have been a busy little beaver buddy. Sign me up for a couple cases of both kinds of pickles please :emoji_laughing: Love the fact that you'll be able to have a nice stash of goodies to hopefully keep you through the Winter. Also love all the onions you put in them. we are onion junkies and they go into almost everything, including our homemade pickles...and lots of them. Very nice job my friend. Now you gotta start fermenting hot sauces :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
You have been a busy little beaver buddy. Sign me up for a couple cases of both kinds of pickles please :emoji_laughing: Love the fact that you'll be able to have a nice stash of goodies to hopefully keep you through the Winter. Also love all the onions you put in them. we are onion junkies and they go into almost everything, including our homemade pickles...and lots of them. Very nice job my friend. Now you gotta start fermenting hot sauces :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Yes this was a good year for finding the cukes at a good price.
So got to make both of my favorite pickles.

And yes must have onions in them, Not sure about fermenting sauces.. between Steve H Steve H and jcam222 jcam222 , they got that just about all sewed up
with their wonderful sauces and pickles that way. :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky