First chuckie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alanp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Ricmond, Virginia
Wanted something a little differant though I would try Italian beef sandwiches had this 3.5 lb chuckie in the freezer rubbed it with Italian seasoning, onion salt, oregano, and minced garlic. Smoked at 225 using mesquite if had just been me and the wife would have pulled at 140, but others in the family don't want any red,

3200aa5c_001.jpg

I had a pan with water, sliced onion, and the rub spices under to catch the drippings. I foiled it and the frig overnight, thin sliced and reheated in the liquid for lunch.

64d2a32c_002.jpg

de5755d3_003.jpg

The Samies were a hit, learned a little to refine the results and next time I will plan ahead and make my own Hot Italian Giardiniera

60aeb5f9_004.jpg

Thanks for looking, Alan

Reactions: Bearcarver
awesome!  if it had been me I'd told em you get it how ya get it ! There is a burger king down the road if you have any complaints!!!

Man that looks great, I'm gonna have to try it.

cool.gif

Now that sure looks good there Alan. I could only wish I was there to help you polish off a few of them for myself.

That looks outstanding nice job!!!

Italian Beef, Didn't even think of making one of those maybe that will be my next project

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky