Feeling a little like a traitor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

three2one

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 3, 2017
Kent, WA
So I smoked some ribs on my Weber Genesis grill yesterday instead of the MES 30. They came out as good as any ribs I have done on the MES 30. I am sure that someone with a more sensitive pallet than me would have a different opinion.

I intended on doing 3 - 2 - 1, it ended up being 2 - 2 - 1/4. It was just a different experience. Easy to access grill surface and not as messy. More steady temps ranging about 15 deg F instead of the 40 to 50 deg F that the MES does. I was unable to get the temp down to 225 deg F, it ranged from 235 deg F to 250F on one burner.

I used a smoke tube with Traeger traditional pellets. Worked great for the most part. They did flame up once and had to spritz it to douse the flames. Using it though leaves a mess of ash in the grill when all said and done. If I do this again I will probably create a tinfoil container.

Will I do it again? Probably.

I have a older 40" MES that temps are very stable in and my Weber spirit wouldn't stand a chance of keeping close on temps if any wind was blowing but when it comes to eating being happy with the taste is all that matters and the method really doesn't matter in the end.My problem is I never meet food I don't like ;):cool:

So I smoked some ribs on my Weber Genesis grill yesterday

I'm with you on this . I did some on my Genesis 310 . Ran about 300 , just salt and pepper . Left the membrane on , no sauce . Came out like pork roast on a stick . I like them like this .

Ain’t no shame in that game!!!

Do what you need to do.

Sure the flavor isn’t what you’d get on a stickburner but the temps sure do stay constant.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky