TANG!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GoMocs

Original poster
Jan 25, 2024
I posted here a couple months ago. Still learning how to use my new Traeger, getting better!

I was thinking the other day and thought of something. One often adds sugar to a rub, so...why not use Tang? The orange drink power.
You get the sweet and the citrus vibes.
I tried it on chicken quarters last night and it works. I am not the first to try this, I googled it before trying and found one or two mentions of doing this on the interwebs.
I can recommend it!
So, now thinking of getting some Old Tyme Lemonaide powder!

I posted here a couple months ago. Still learning how to use my new Traeger, getting better!

I was thinking the other day and thought of something. One often adds sugar to a rub, so...why not use Tang? The orange drink power.
I tried it on chicken quarters last night and it works. I am not the first to try this, I googled it before trying and found one or two mentions of doing this on the interwebs.
I can recommend it!
I did some ribs with a koolaid rub (think it was cherry)....I Used too much and it overpowered the other flavors. This was when I was just learning. Havent ventured back in to it. Now you got me thinking .

Jim

I can recommend it!
Very interesting.... I will have to give this a try!

- Jason

I can recommend it!
I’m glad that worked for you.

Im more in the camp of marinade for the under flavors like citrus, if I want citrus to really pop on the plate I add zest of the chosen citrus. Powdered drink powder is really not a thing in cooking. Still happy that you like it though.

So would that make them the "Ribs that astronauts would eat" You may have to be a boomer to understand that one. LOL

I actually kinda like the idea. Maybe a lite sprinkle to start and adjust from there.

Chris

Last edited:
So would that them the "Ribs that astronauts would eat" You may have to be a boomer to understand that one. LOL
Being born in 65 I reckon would make me a "cusper" depending, but yeah, I get it lol.

So would that make them the "Ribs that astronauts would eat" You may have to be a boomer to understand that one. LOL

I actually kinda like the idea. Maybe a lite sprinkle to start and adjust from there.

Chris
Go easy Chris, it’s a fool’s errand.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky