Digital Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

idcoug47

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 2, 2008
Idaho
We want to get my father in law a digital thermometer for Christmas. I have one from Costco that works good but comes with a few headaches. Does anyone know of the perfect one or do they all have a few headaches that come with them

Thx

Will

If he can't figure out if he needs to wear a jacket or not he is a lost cause
icon_smile.gif

He just got a smoker. When he was at my house visiting I was telling him how great the digital thermometers are and how you can't beat them when you are smoking meat.

I like the Maverick ET 73 or the Thermapen the best out of all my thermos

Just checking, my father in law gave me a very nice indoor/outdoor wireless thermometer last year

I would agree on both of these, the wife just got me a black thermapen, I have been looking allot lately but being laid off I didn't want to spend the money

I'd recommend a Maverick ET 73 also. That way he can monitor the smoker's cooking surface tempatures, plus he'll have a probe to insert into the meat. And it has a remote so he can sit inside and still be able to monitor things.

Thermapens are awesome too. Just know that these are a stick in and measure temps, then pull it out. You don't leave these in through the cook.

Thats about the price I've been seeing them for

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky