Damn.... Do Y'all Think They're Safe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not injected = not a problem could have stayed at 225 no problem

Reactions: chilerelleno
Thanks.
Yeah, but I was second guessing myself and wanted the reassurance of other's confirmation.

And if I'd left it at 225° it'd be a 18+ hour cook, instead of the 16 hour this gonna be.
More beer time or closer to beer time :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
They will be great eating, I will have to disagree on putting meat out and letting it come to room temp, if you got 4 hours to hit 140 why waste a few hours? I mean 70 degree kitchen aint going to ramp the temp up but you will have burned whatever time you left it out, you would have been better off straight to the pit and rock it at 225-250 ect. A steak is a different story if your shooting for a med or well done, if rare straight from the fridge to the grill, long as folks don't get sick is the important thing in the end. Thats a pile of heat sink there and looks like the pit is up to the job.

Long as the surface hit 140° in 4 on whole unadulterated muscle, you're plenty safe. Heck, I don't even start checking IT until hours into a cook like yours. No real point in doing so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky