Creating account for my son

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Trying To get Ryder signed up....but after we put in the birth date it wont go any further. Just says "too young to create account"
Should I just let him post threads from my account?

one member has an age of 99 showing un his or her profile. I do not actually think they are 99 years old

When you first posted about Ryder getting his account, I believe it was Jerry ( pineywoods pineywoods ) who chimed in saying it was fine due to this being a family friendly site. What you're getting is probably to stop unsupervised children from logging in and being a nuisance. I'm betting the staff will forego this on your behalf being that you're a highly respected member in great standing. P.S. did you see my offer in your original thread?

Robert

Reactions: Sowsage
Trying To get Ryder signed up....but after we put in the birth date it wont go any further. Just says "too young to create account"
Should I just let him post threads from my account?
Sowsage, Have you played around with the birth year to get the system to accept Ryder's account?

PM me his details and I'll see if I can't create something for him.

Sowsage, Have you played around with the birth year to get the system to accept Ryder's account?

PM me his details and I'll see if I can't create something for him.
I think I got it set up !!I'll have him post something when he gets home from school today

Last edited:
I think I got it set up 16 years old LOL. But his birth year is part of his username. I'll have him post something when he gets home from school today
Glad you got it set up. I use numbers in some user names that look like they might be a birth year but aren't.

Reactions: Sowsage
When you first posted about Ryder getting his account, I believe it was Jerry ( pineywoods pineywoods ) who chimed in saying it was fine due to this being a family friendly site. What you're getting is probably to stop unsupervised children from logging in and being a nuisance. I'm betting the staff will forego this on your behalf being that you're a highly respected member in great standing. P.S. did you see my offer in your original thread?

Robert
I did Robert! Thank you! I wanted to talk to Ryder about it first. I just got a new desk set up in his room. I'll send you PM shortly!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky