Corned beef into Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Checked the pre holiday " sale" price at our local store. $3.98 a pound on SALE. Boars Head was $6.98 a pound. Same store. I'll wait a few days.

I broke down and gave into the pressure and bought a corned beef brisket flat today for WAY TOO MUCH money. It's soaking now. I am eager to.smoke.it.

Looks good to me so far.

20190323_142308.jpg

Dangit! Great looking sammich man!
Thanks Moto. Not much reward for the money invested but the taste was unbelievable. We got enough for about 4 sandwiches for a $15 investment on a corned beef and the rub and a long slow smoke. It might be less expensive to buy pastrami but there's no fun in that. My Lori said it's unbelievably good. She can't imagine how I made it. She stays out of my kitchen and well away from the smoker. I just got two kinds of John Henrys East Texas rubs today. Onward and upward. Ordered them Saturday and here today. That's fast.

I will. I bought two fruit flavored base rubs. A summer peach and a wild cherry chipotle. Interesting aromas. I smell baby backs with peach rub coming on. Chicken will get graced with the other.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky