Cleaners and sanitizers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

invader q

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
What do you all use? I've been using dish soap and bleach water for the cleaner and sanitizer, but the dish soap is a pain. Takes forever to get all the soap removed.

I went to a class the order day, and the teacher had two spray bottles, one to clean, one to sanitize. I'm pretty sure the sanitiser was bleach water, but I didn't get a chance to ask what the other one was.

Thanks!

Bleach water is fine, just ensure it's not to concentrated and it need to be on the surface for 30 seconds before you wipe it. Low foam soap is best, but if you can't find it, simply dilute it down. I do it like this; Rince,wash, rince, sanitize.

Look into "iodophore" or something like that... brewers use it alot...it's an iodine based sanitizer, and goes away in a short time, no rinsing required, but ya can, of course.

I use 2 bottles like mentioned above:
1.) Bleach water to sanitize
2.) Simple green to clean. Simple green will clean just about any surface well and doesn't appear to react with any of my stuff. In addition, it is non-toxic, which I'm told is an important feature around food.

Just be carefull with bottle #1 around wifey's bright red wash cloths. She get's really mad when they have bleach spots!

I use Dawn w/bleach to clean my meat table, grinder, tenderizer, etc. and bleach/water to sanitize. I am a picky ***** when it comes to cleanliness while processing meat.

Cool! Thanks. I'll give that a spin. And thanks again to everyone for the info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky