Changing tune here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Well, I guess the decision has been made, we are no longer going to stay full year round in a house.  We are going to buy a trailer at a local trailer park.  Up in this area these Parks are open from the first of May until the end of October. That being so, we are are going to put most of stuff in storage, except my Masterbuilt Smoker and weber Kettle, But the Smoker will be sold.  I want to get rid of my Masterbuilt Electric smoker, because electric is not the way to go here in Ontario Canada, with sky high hydro rates,

I do not know the proper name for one, but I want to get one of those smokers that the barrels sit sideways, with the firebox attached to side.  A mid size one would do for me.   Any one who owns one of the smokers, do drop a note to say if you love it or hate it

Then from end of October to the first of May, get a two bedroom apartment.  We plan to have one Internet Provider for both locations.

I don't really know the proper name, but "offset stick burner" comes to mind. You can get a decent one here for around $300 to $500 and the better ones go for $700 to $1000. I paid $300 for my CharGriller unit and love it. Big learning curve from an electric, though.
Make sure your Apt. complex allows fires...
Once you've cooked with wood you won't settle for anything else [emoji]9786[/emoji]️

SmokeyMose, those pictures are similar to what I want to get, it will sit out at the campground year round, in the shed when snow flies.  And I know I will be jumping from the frying pan into the fire with much more fire management skills needed to be relearned.  I do not drink beer, as the average camper does, but do trust me, either Rum or Wine will be nearby.  And I will use it as smoker often.

Living in Ontario Canada. really sucks, the Government up here for the past 13 or 14 years have destroyed this province and upped taxes and hydro to sky high prices.  We have a Carbon Cap & trade program running up here that will up the price of everything, by up to 40% in the next ten years, so putting some of our stuff in storage and doing what i describe above is the best option at this time.

SmokeyMose, those pictures are similar to what I want to get, it will sit out at the campground year round, in the shed when snow flies.  And I know I will be jumping from the frying pan into the fire with much more fire management skills needed to be relearned.  I do not drink beer, as the average camper does, but do trust me, either Rum or Wine will be nearby.  And I will use it as smoker often.

Living in Ontario Canada. really sucks, the Government up here for the past 13 or 14 years have destroyed this province and upped taxes and hydro to sky high prices.  We have a Carbon Cap & trade program running up here that will up the price of everything, by up to 40% in the next ten years, so putting some of our stuff in storage and doing what i describe above is the best option at this time.
You'll want a good cover for it even when the snow isn't flying. No one likes rust...
The fire management part is part of the fun. You're not going to be able to keep the low temps like with an electric, but I personally think that's overrated.
Things have been going the same here the last few years. Cap & Trade hasn't really caught on and with the new administration hopefully things will be more "common sense" oriented.
Good Luck!
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky