Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weather has been a little cold. Worked outside in -4 with windchill on the first day. My laptop has cleared inspection and I will post some pics tonight when I get off work.

Weather has been a little cold. Worked outside in -4 with windchill on the first day. My laptop has cleared inspection and I will post some pics tonight when I get off work.
Wow that is awesome. Good luck and have fun. Oh, stay warm too.

That sounds like my winter in pa. This year anyway. Be safe there.

Isn't it supposed to be summer down there now??? Yikes.

[h3]Today 22[/h3]
Cold with plenty of sunshine

-13° Lo -20°

[h4]Hist. Avg.[/h4]20° Lo 13°

[h3]23[/h3]
Sunny and cold

-14° Lo -20°

[h3]24[/h3]
Cold with increasing clouds

-14° Lo -21°

[h3]25[/h3]
Cold with clouds and sun

-14° Lo -21°

[h3]26[/h3]
Mostly cloudy and cold

-13° Lo -16°

[h3]27[/h3]
Rather cloudy and cold

-13° Lo -16°

[h3]28[/h3]
Mostly cloudy and cold

-15° Lo -18°

some summer.....

you can get both sunburned and wind burned at the same time. Pictures coming tonight. :)

This is my first steps onto the Ice.

This is Mt. Arabus. I am told its a real treat to land on such a clear day because of the time of year here.

A view from the porthole window of the C130 when we first flew over the land.

My first penguin sighting. He is basking in the sun around 9:30 p.m.  ( I was on my way home from the bar )

( I was on my way home from the bar )

Nice looking neighborhood....

Really !!!!! How much was a beer ???

Dave

3 bucks at the bar. You can get 1 bottle of liquor,3 bottles of wine or 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of beer each week. Anything more than that and you buy it at the bar. I bought a bottle of Southern Comfort for my first week so I couldn't buy any beer.

And a bottle of Miller Lite at the bar down my street is $3.50....lol! Great pics!   
Snowmobile.gif

Fantastic photos!!!!!

How fun to see where you are, and see the penguin live, (in case he appears on a dinner plate at some point), and it looks so beautiful there!!!

Good to hear that you've landed!

Cheers!!!!! - Leah

Awesome Pics, Mike!!!
icon14.gif

The color of the terrain is pretty much like around here right now, but No Penguins!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Keep the Pics coming!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky