can i smoke when its 35 outside

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have smoked when it was darn near 0 out. It is not as easy to do but it can be done. Used a wind break and it helps alot.

Many smokers run fine in the cold, they may require more tending because of higher fuel consumption...Gasser's and Watt Burners...Not so much...JJ

Clarification: Gasser's and Watt Burners, don't need as much tending...But they work fine at lower temps especially with a Welders Blanket or other insulator...JJ

Last edited:
Before I insulated my gas GOSM I could smoke at 225-250 until it got down to 25 (with a windscreen).  Lower than that and I couldn't keep the temp high enough.

Many smokers run fine in the cold, they may require more tending because of higher fuel consumption...Gasser's and Watt Burners...Not so much...JJ

7292d66a_smf.gif

It was 23* out the other day and I smoked a Brisket alnight with nothing covering my electric smoker. It held temp perfect...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky