can i smoke when its 35 outside

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have smoked when it was darn near 0 out. It is not as easy to do but it can be done. Used a wind break and it helps alot.

Many smokers run fine in the cold, they may require more tending because of higher fuel consumption...Gasser's and Watt Burners...Not so much...JJ

Clarification: Gasser's and Watt Burners, don't need as much tending...But they work fine at lower temps especially with a Welders Blanket or other insulator...JJ

Last edited:
Before I insulated my gas GOSM I could smoke at 225-250 until it got down to 25 (with a windscreen).  Lower than that and I couldn't keep the temp high enough.

Many smokers run fine in the cold, they may require more tending because of higher fuel consumption...Gasser's and Watt Burners...Not so much...JJ

7292d66a_smf.gif

It was 23* out the other day and I smoked a Brisket alnight with nothing covering my electric smoker. It held temp perfect...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky