Brand Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kickbaby

Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Brand new to this forum. Soon to be brand new at smokin' everything. Live in Dallas Texas and have for 5 years. Headed back to the east coast in a couple weeks and have commissioned a friend to build me an reverse flow offset smoker. Never used one in 65 years.
Here's what I can tell you. I have eaten some of what I consider the best brisket ever here in Texas. Won't name any places but I honestly think I have had, at a handful of establishments here in Texas, the best of what a smoked brisket should be . Respectfully, I cannot imagine there is any place in world that has mastered any better what a smoked brisket should be.
Let me add that we are relocating back to east coast to take care of an aging family member....not by choice. Hard to imagine living on the east coast again, but commitment to family trumps God-fearing friends (we call family), weather, "shall issue" vs. "may issue", and certainly food choices. There is no restaurant or BBQ place in the entire state of Maryland that knows what brisket is. I used to think there were.....ha-ha.......no chance.
Plan on using all the resources on this forum to the fullest. Don't even know what "stall" means (looking for answer) or what type of fuel (woods) that will be available for the firebox in Maryland.
I do know that in a few months, with the help of y'all, I will turning out brisket and other meats on the regular. If I can get close to what I have enjoyed here in Texas I'll have a lot of happy family. Thanks for reading. God bless each of you. Happy 4th. Thank you.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you join in the fun.

Chris

Reactions: kickbaby
Welcome from Wisconsin. I wish you success in your quest for the perfect East coast brisket. Look on the bright side, those Maryland blue crabs are delicious! :emoji_crab::emoji_crab:

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky