Blackstone Hibachi Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adam15

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Wilmington, NC
Hi everyone,

I am planning on doing some hibachi chicken and fried rice in the blackstone this evening. Should I marinate the chicken in anything and if so what would you recommend? Thanks for all the advice!

Teriyaki Sauce is a good choice. The recipe below is not traditional Japanese Teriyaki but tasty. If you don't have all the ingredients, add what you have. The Soy Sauce, Mirin/Wine, Sugar and Vinegar, are the most important components...JJ

Teriyaki Marinade

1C Soy Sauce, Kikkoman is best.
1/2C Mirin, see Note*
1/4C Brown Sugar
2T Rice Vinegar, or Wine Vinegar
1T Sriracha, or 1/2tsp Cayenne (optional)
1T Minced Garlic, 1tsp Dry Granulated
1T Minced Ginger, 1tsp Ground.
2ea Minced Scallion, or 1T dry Onion Flakes, or 1tsp Granulated Onion
1tsp Sesame Oil

Combine all and Marinate meat 2 to 4 hours. A Ziplock bag with air removed gives best contact.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Teriyaki Sauce is a good choice. The recipe below is not traditional Japanese Teriyaki but tasty. If you don't have all the ingredients, add what you have. The Soy Sauce, Mirin/Wine, Sugar and Vinegar, are the most important components...JJ

Teriyaki Marinade

1C Soy Sauce, Kikkoman is best.
1/2C Mirin, see Note*
1/4C Brown Sugar
2T Rice Vinegar, or Wine Vinegar
1T Sriracha, or 1/2tsp Cayenne (optional)
1T Minced Garlic, 1tsp Dry Granulated
1T Minced Ginger, 1tsp Ground.
2ea Minced Scallion, or 1T dry Onion Flakes, 1tsp Granulated Onion
1tsp Sesame Oil

Combine all and Marinate meat 2 to 4 hours. A Ziplock bag with air removed gives best contact.

this!!!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Hard to beat yoshida’s. Somebody on this forum turned me on to that stuff years ago and it’s awesome. I just pour it over the chicken when it’s about half way cooked and let it finish cooking in it. Not good for keto diet so I haven’t had it in a while but my boys still eat it while the wife and I eat a low carb version.

I did it the other day on my camp chef FTG. And didn’t marinade the steak or chicken. Just made up a bottle with equal let’s soy sauce , Worcestershire sauce, and teriyaki sauce and sprayed it as I was cooking. Turned out good. I’ve marinated it before too but sometimes tasted over seasoned after that.

Thanks for all the advice. I threw together mostly Chef JJs recipe with what I had on hand. Sorry I didn’t get a lot of pictures because I was worried about burning things and the food went fast but it all turned out great!
BECB7CDE-7C4C-4CC0-95AF-D02D1E5FBCB0.jpeg
B11D6D9A-1D94-4B10-8B2C-A11846C9E79C.jpeg

Reactions: Cabo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky