Binders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikem66

Original poster
Oct 26, 2023
Company sent me soy protein instead of NFMP
recipe calls for 700g for 5lbs of pork can I use the same amount of soy protein or should quantity be adjusted. Recipe is for a smoked breakfast sausage

Use 1-2 cups of soy protein concentrate per 10 lbs. of meat. Do not pack when measuring! 5 lbs. soy protein concentrate will process approximately 70-140 lbs. of meat.

Your package should have come with instructions

Reactions: mikem66
I'll throw this out there. I rarely use any fillers/binding agents (NFDM, potato starch, soy protein) in my sausages. As long as you get good protein extraction when mixing, I don't really find them necessary.

Company sent me soy protein instead of NFMP
recipe calls for 700g for 5lbs of pork can I use the same amount of soy protein or should quantity be adjusted. Recipe is for a smoked breakfast sausage
30% binder ???! In smoked sausage ?? Typo?

300g/kg seems alittle excessive to me … try more like 10-20g/kg so maybe like 50-100gram max for you total batch …

Per Marianski 1-3% for soy protein. For 5lbs that's 22.47-68.1 grams. Maybe a decimal conversion thing?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky