Beverly B's Deviled Eggs (Att, BrianGSDTexoma )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Deviled eggs as they should be, none of that rrlish crap. Looks good, sadly Id be the only one to eat them, then run out the house
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your comments. Relish just overpowers the mild egg flavor, to me.

I'm lucky not to get too gassy from eggs.

Nice Job, Jack!!
Love Deviled Eggs!!
They've always been Mrs Bear's job to bring hers to all the big Family gatherings we used to have.
Like.

Bear
Hey John,

Thanks for your comments and the like. Deviled eggs have been a favorite of mine since childhood. Not sure why it took me so long to pursue a recipe for them.

I know that if Mrs. Bears deviled eggs are required at all family gatherings, they have to be good. Seems like all the best recipes come out at family and church gatherings.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Deviled eggs as they should be, none of that rrlish crap. Looks good, sadly Id be the only one to eat them, then run out the house
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your comments. Relish just overpowers the mild egg flavor, to me.

I'm lucky not to get too gassy from eggs.

Nice Job, Jack!!
Love Deviled Eggs!!
They've always been Mrs Bear's job to bring hers to all the big Family gatherings we used to have.
Like.

Bear
Hey John,

Thanks for your comments and the like. Deviled eggs have been a favorite of mine since childhood. Not sure why it took me so long to pursue a recipe.

I know that if Mrs. Bears deviled eggs are required at all family gatherings, they have to be good. Seems like all the best recipes come out at family and church gatherings.

Looks great!! I love deviled eggs!

Chris my wife made me anchovy deviled eggs once and I LOVED them. Haven’t been able to convince her to do them again.

Thanks for your comments JCam. I didn't think to ask Chris; Do you have any idea how much anchovy your wife used?

Looks awesome! I could crush a plate of deviled eggs! I’ve always just googled a recipe, I’ll save this for next time, thank you! Points for some great work!
Thanks a lot for the point Jed. Hope you like the recipe. Let me know what you think.

I use the disposable pastry bags, I always made all my kids birthday cakes from scratch so I have cake molds all over the place along with every tip, dye and everything to finish them off. Now that they are 21 and 23 not so much any more....no more sponge Bob, fire trucks, rocking horse, ......really miss those days
I gotcha Clif. I had no idea you could get disposable pastry bags.

I'll bet the kids have fond memories of those birthday cakes, just like you.

The heck with that! I just turned 50 not long ago...I'll take a Bob builder cake! My son loved that show, he'll be 23 in about a month!

Ryan

never saw a Bob the builder cake mold and I have bought bout 30 of them...lol

We just did a paw patrol cake, you can cheat now and get things printed on this kind of sugar paper so decorating is easy!. I think you guys should surprise your boys for their next birthday!

I was watching a cooking show and saw Julia Child add a little room temperature butter to her standard Deviled Eggs recipe. I tried it and it was a game changer. Keep all the regular stuff and don’t change your different recipes, just add some butter.
Thanks Sven,

Everything's better with butter, right? I may try smoked butter

Sorry, I don’t even remember the TV show. I just remember the idea. I use 2-3 tablespoons when I make a dozen but probably closer to 2 tbs. Any more than that and it’s too much. I also cut back a bit on the mayo so it’s not too soft. It gives it a melt-in-your-mouth kind of feel.

Thanks for sharing. LOVE deviled eggs, those look great! We make often and have a pretty decent recipe but we fool with it. I will have to try some of these ideas! Youngest is 9 and I bet we color Easter eggs today and will no doubt make deviled eggs with them. Stuff we play with: If you like a little spice, try chili powder (NM red) instead of paprika. Dijon or Gludens mustard, a bit of curry (Martha Stewart), fresh dill, Franks hot sauce, onion powder. Accent or fish sauce would work well for the anchovies if non on hand. Using some greek yogurt sounds real promising and also the butter thing.

I do dearly love Deviled Eggs and those look fantastic. My only nemesis is getting the eggs properly hard boiled. i always manage to botch them somehow. Guess I need to work on that but if I can get it down correctly, I'll be making these.

I never would have thought of using an injector for the filling!
It also works great for filling manicotti, which I discovered not too long ago. Another suggestion that a friend made to me is using the jerky cannon.

Robert

Reactions: one eyed jack
I do dearly love Deviled Eggs and those look fantastic. My only nemesis is getting the eggs properly hard boiled. i always manage to botch them somehow. Guess I need to work on that but if I can get it down correctly, I'll be making these.

It also works great for filling manicotti, which I discovered not too long ago. Another suggestion that a friend made to me is using the jerky cannon.

Robert
Robert of all the things I can pull off in the kitchen boiling and peeling hard boiled eggs is my kryptonite!! I’ve tried every “guaranteed” method and trick for easy peeling and none of them work. I butcher them. I always get my wife to do this one thing for my cooking lol. Waited my on her to do a couple dozen for mustard eggs too.

Sorry, I don’t even remember the TV show. I just remember the idea. I use 2-3 tablespoons when I make a dozen but probably closer to 2 tbs. Any more than that and it’s too much. I also cut back a bit on the mayo so it’s not too soft. It gives it a melt-in-your-mouth kind of feel.
Thanks for the added info Sven. :emoji_thumbsup:
I'd walk over hot coals for a dozen deviled eggs. And yours look great. Luckily, they don't affect me at all, gas wise. I'm gonna try adding some butter next time.
Gary
Hey Gary Thanks for the like. I'm going to add the butter next time, too.
Looks good Brian! Man. I haven't had deviled eggs in years. Now I have a craving for them.
Thanks for the point Steve.
Thanks for sharing. LOVE deviled eggs, those look great! We make often and have a pretty decent recipe but we fool with it. I will have to try some of these ideas! Youngest is 9 and I bet we color Easter eggs today and will no doubt make deviled eggs with them. Stuff we play with: If you like a little spice, try chili powder (NM red) instead of paprika. Dijon or Gludens mustard, a bit of curry (Martha Stewart), fresh dill, Franks hot sauce, onion powder. Accent or fish sauce would work well for the anchovies if non on hand. Using some greek yogurt sounds real promising and also the butter thing.
Hi Zwiller, Thanks for the point. Thanks for your ideas on additives.
Thanks for the recipe. Will give them a try. I with cliff and normal use a disposal able pastry bag. To get good creamy filling can use small food processor also.
Thanks Brian

Robert
Hi Robert. Thanks for the point. I've seen a lot of different "Perfect" methods, for boiling eggs. I use a steamer, steam jumbo eggs for 17 minutes, then into an ice water bath. I let them rest in the fridge to firm up before peeling.

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

Last edited:
Older eggs are easier to peel then fresh. On the cooking side. Like corn on the cob. I put the eggs in a pot of cold water. Bring it up to a boil and then turn off the heat. They can sit in their bath until your ready to peel. I usually let them sit about five minutes or so while I prep the other ingredients.

Someone asked how many anchovies I use. Well depending on size it's usually oneish per egg. Then I put one on the top of the Deviled egg as a garnish and to let folks know that the egg was made with anchovies.

Chris

I’ve tried every “guaranteed” method and trick for easy peeling and none of them work.
Eggs in the pot cover with cold water .
Bring to a boil .
Turn the heat off and put a lid on .
Wait 15 minutes then drain .
Rinse in cold water until cool enough to handle . That comes out most of the time . Maybe botch one or 2 , but I just eat those .

Reactions: one eyed jack
Eggs in the pot cover with cold water .
Bring to a boil .
Turn the heat off and put a lid on .
Wait 15 minutes then drain .
Rinse in cold water until cool enough to handle . That comes out most of the time . Maybe botch one or 2 , but I just eat those .
This is My wife’s method and she does great with it. I still destroy at least half when peeling lol. Perhaps a patience issue.

Older eggs are easier to peel then fresh. On the cooking side. Like corn on the cob. I put the eggs in a pot of cold water. Bring it up to a boil and then turn off the heat. They can sit in their bath until your ready to peel. I usually let them sit about five minutes or so while I prep the other ingredients.

Someone asked how many anchovies I use. Well depending on size it's usually oneish per egg. Then I put one on the top of the Deviled egg as a garnish and to let folks know that the egg was made with anchovies.

Chris
Thanks for the Anchovy info Chris, and the cooking method

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky