Best commercial brats?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gotbags-10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
Indy
Been doing the johnsonville brats because it's all that's around. Just nota ton of flavor. If I were going to order brats and have them shipped what's a killer place to check out. I've done summer sausage at home but not brats. Don't have the stuffer and I have a big family!

You done SS you can do brats.

Northern tool has a stuffer for 100 bucks.    I use mine a lot.

Your brats will be better then anything you could buy.

I was afraid someone might say that. Well point me to a good recipe then. [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Last edited:
I don't want to make any more tasty then jville' I would eat to many! The very reason I don't make my own bacon,I can go to the store and not buy if it's home it's trouble!:biggrin:
Once your making them the possibilities are endless try a search for cheesesteak brats pretty sure someone made them,just can't remember who and not smart enough to link stuff. Mmmm cheesesteak brats!:drool

I don't want to make any more tasty then jville' I would eat to many! The very reason I don't make my own bacon,I can go to the store and not buy if it's home it's trouble!
biggrin.gif

Once your making them the possibilities are endless try a search for cheesesteak brats pretty sure someone made them,just can't remember who and not smart enough to link stuff. Mmmm cheesesteak brat .
I have made them...      

Before I got my stuffer, I rolled sausage in soaked Corn Husks like for making Tamales. Smoked or roasted, they are easy and taste great...JJ

If you are interested in making your own, Curley's has a pretty solid brat seasoning/kit you can buy.  I like the flavor, but I also like Johnsonville Brats a lot too, so I just stick with them.  Also Len Poli has a bunch of recipes on his website, including differnt type of brats/german sausages.  I have never made anything off his recipes, but see them mentioned on here from time to time.

I don't know if they ship, but Morants, located in Sacramento, CA has been making some of my favorite sausages.

Link:

Morants

or phone:

916-731-4377

Why do I foresee more sausage making equipment being handled by FedEx, UPS or USPS soon? 
icon_eek.gif

You can make them into patties & put them on burger buns. No stuffing involved.

Al
I agree with Al ,just grind yourself or buy pre-ground meat. Sausage in bulk makes great patties for the grill. There are plenty of great recipes out there or you can buy pre-mixed spices.

For pre-mixed seasoning look at PS Seasoning. They have a lot of different ones including WI style mixes. If you want a recipe, send me a pm.

Thanks for all the good info gents! Your right waltons has a ton of stuff. Just placed an order for several spice kits

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky