Best Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beerthirty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Grantville, Kansas
Ok, I'm sure that it has been brought up before but I haven't seen it. This isn't a advertisement for anybody but what is your favorite adult beverage to consume while stoking the fire. Now I'm not talking about sitting in a booth at your favorite micro brewery. I'm talking about what you have in the icebox or on the shelf. I can tell by some of your avatars what you like but if you have your choice what do you like to sip, guzzle or slurp. My first choice is PBR (you with me Beer-B-Q) but mostly (since I can't seem to keep my middle from growing) it's Bud light. Once in awhile my son gets to Germany and brings me back some Erdinger and that is a treat. I usually only treat myself to one of those at a time.
What do you all like?

I honestly drink Miller Lite most of the time. But I also like Amstel Lite, Stella Artois (sp), a couple of the Goose Island beers, Fat Tire once in a while. My favorite used to be New Castle. But for some reason as I've gotten older that stuff really hurts the next day. Both ends of me...if you know what I mean. But it's really great beer.

Oh and the occasional Dos Equis or Negro Modelo if I'm eating Mexican.

this is gonna be a good thread I have a feeling.

My everyday beer is Busch Lite. Good taste, nice bite. Love all beers, never met one I didn't like except for Blue Moon's beer that tasted like vanilla. Apparently it was supposed to be modern-trendy, but tasted like a bad idea. Beer should taste like beer.

It is hard... I have to choose from one of my 4 taps on the fridge in my shop.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
All homebrew. I do not buy much anymore. Right now I have on tap a Pumpkin Ale (will be gone tomorrow, for sure), a cider, an ESB, and a holiday spiced ale. I have about 3 others in bottles and a batch of IPA, stout and a double wit in the fermenters right now.

When I was first married and renovating my first house (read not brewing) I would keep some micro brew around and drink PBR or Steel Resrve while tiling, roofing, mowing or whatever. Still do occasionaly.

Nothing like cheap beer by the pitcher and tacos at the local mexican joint.

Sierra Pale, Red Stripe, Corona. For longer sessions, Bud Light or Natty Light. Busch is the official lake beer around here. There is a new brewery in Kiln, MS (Lazy Magnolia) that is putting out some good beers. They have a sweet potato stout that is surprisingly good! The local bars are all getting their beers on tap, even Fox N Hound.

I like some of the imported beers however I've found that many of them don't taste the same as they do in the countries where they're from. Red stripe taste the same to me as it does in Jamaca but Erdinger that I buy here doesn't taste near as good as the Erdinger that my son brings me from Germany. Moosehead doesn't taste the same here as it does in Canada to me. A lot of beers are local. We have a local company that bottles and sells Flying Monkey pale ale and it's good once in awhile but I haven't heard of alot of the beers that you guys are talking about. Nutty?

As opposed to my single days, I don't drink a lot, so the stuff I do drink I want to be good quality and have a lot of taste (however I will drink any beer). Therefore I prefer dark(er) beers if I have a choice. I love Guiness, and Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. I also tried this at a local churascaria (one of the Brazillian restaurants where they come around with skewers of beef and cut it off at your table). It is a brazilian dark beer and tasted like a maltier version of guiness.

I also like Abita Turbo Dog

Oh were you guys talkin about drinking beer. I don't drink beer...but if I gotta look at a bottle in one of my buddies hands this is the beer I want in it........LMAO

Wow, must suck to be you, huh??
icon_rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Just kidding.

Actually, I don't drink much beer, but around here it's usually Coors Light, Bud Light, or Corona. All in a bottles.

I drink WAY more Dr. Pepper than beer but that's just me.
biggrin.gif

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky