Best BBQ in Memphis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kontroll

Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Weare, NH
Going on a road trip to Dallas and will be goin through Memphis. I want to stop for the "best BBQ in Memphis". Who can tell me about the best resturant to go to?

Thanks,

JT

NO doubt about it! Neelys Interstate BBQ is the best,do not waste your time going to Rendevous,they are way overrated.My daughter lives in Memphis and I have tried everywhere.Corkys is very good also.Beale street is loaded with great restaurants but NEELYS is the best.You will not be dissapointed.

You mean to tell me as large as this forum has gotten in the last several months that there isn't a member or two in the Memphis area that can invite you by for some homemade Q?

Sorry but since I've taken this hobby up I eat out a LOT less, and wehn I do go out I'm more often than not disappointed.

Last time I was in Memphis we ended up eating at BB King's on Beale St. Side dishes were great but the ribs left a lot to be desired. However we walked by a place called "Pig" and the smell coming from that place was wonderful. I plan to try it out next time there but can't speak first hand.

AV8TOR,Are you telling me you had a good BBQ at RENDEZVOUS. I have been there 3 times and each time my ribs wre dry,the servers were very rude,way overpriced,nice atmosphere but that is the only good thing about that place.Sorry to sound so negative but that place sucks!!!

Well, this is certainly a first..........a disagreement about BBQ. LOL
icon_mrgreen.gif

FWIW I work with a guy from Memphis and he doesn't like the Rendezvous either.

Ask and you shall receive. Thanks for all the input everyone. I think Neelys is the place. I will hit that and let everyone know how I made out.

Thanks again!

JT

Don't stop in oklahoma, Get gas and take a break before crossing the border and hold it till you get to texas.
biggrin.gif

Move along, move along nothing to see here folks.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

There's actually two Neely's in Memphis. Neely's Interstate BBQ is the first one and is run by an older gent. Its very good. The other Neely's is a cousin or nephew of the guy that started Neely's Interstate BBQ. I haven't eaten at the other Neely's yet.

My preference so far is still the Rendezvous. I've never had a rude waiter there ever (I've been there about 10 times). And the ribs have always been very good.

Corky's is okay but not stellar.

Well, I've yet to have BAD BBQ in Memphis- Rendezvous was good, Neely's Interstate was also good, but I really think I prefer the ribs and atmosphere at Blues City Cafe-

Well I was only there once and my experience was much better than that both in service and food quality. The night I was there it was really cool because Memphis was hosting the World Poker Tournament and it was full of the players from TV. Maybe that had to do with something of the food and service that night. So I defer to your bad recommendation as right then.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky