Best Memphis BBQ on or near Beale St.?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pi guy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
SE Michigan
Wife and I are headed to Memphis tomorrow for a couple days. Never been there, but as they're obviously known for BBQ, I plan on eating a lot of it!!
Can anyone suggest the best place(s) on, or right near Beale St.? We're staying right there so looking for walkable places for great BBQ, brews, blues, bourbon, etc.
Thanks!

Reactions: JLeonard
Used to party it up on Beale back in 87-88, but looking at the map I wouldn't recognize it anymore. Have a good time!

Reactions: ConrodM

Might be what your looking for.

These two...Close or on Beale

If your here for a couple of days, Check out Interstate BBQ, Corkys, The Commisary. You can eat BBQ in Memphis for lunch and dinner for a week and not hit them all. The two links I posted are right at or on beale. Interstate is not far from Beale, but I wouldnt be walking in that area.
I live just south of Memphis in North Mississippi. Any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Jim

Reactions: pi guy and ConrodM
Wife and I are headed to Memphis tomorrow for a couple days. Never been there, but as they're obviously known for BBQ, I plan on eating a lot of it!!
Can anyone suggest the best place(s) on, or right near Beale St.? We're staying right there so looking for walkable places for great BBQ, brews, blues, bourbon, etc.
Thanks!
probably wouldn't walk ( unarmed) the the location I ate at, but Central BBQ hit on every point I Wanted. supposedly 4 locations now. I was at the "original"

Reactions: JLeonard and pi guy

Might be what your looking for.

These two...Close or on Beale

If your here for a couple of days, Check out Interstate BBQ, Corkys, The Commisary. You can eat BBQ in Memphis for lunch and dinner for a week and not hit them all. The two links I posted are right at or on beale. Interstate is not far from Beale, but I wouldnt be walking in that area.
I live just south of Memphis in North Mississippi. Any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Jim
Thank you for this, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Beale is safe to walk at night, correct? Only going to be in town tomorrow night and all day Wednesday, but don't want to get too touristy (Graceland, etc). But also need some things to do to occupy our time tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

Bass Pro is right on the river its pretty cool to go to....Might want to check out

Its pretty good also for breakfast/lunch.

Heres a couple of ideas for you.

Jim

Thank you for this, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Beale is safe to walk at night, correct? Only going to be in town tomorrow night and all day Wednesday, but don't want to get too touristy (Graceland, etc). But also need some things to do to occupy our time tomorrow morning/early afternoon.
if you're into historic music/radio stuff. Sun Studios is a neat but not lengthy tour/visit.

probably wouldn't walk ( unarmed) the the location I ate at, but Central BBQ hit on every point I Wanted. supposedly 4 locations now. I was at the "original"
Yep, we got a Central BBQ a mile from my house. Its good. But my son says its no better than mine. I stop in and buy their sauces every now and then.
Memphis is like any big city....Keep your head on a swivel and dont venture far from Beale Street.

Jim

Reactions: fxsales1959
Bass Pro is right on the river its pretty cool to go to....Might want to check out

Its pretty good also for breakfast/lunch.

Heres a couple of ideas for you.

Jim
Awesome, thank you!

I'm very much into music. I thought about this tour, but read some pretty bad reviews. Wasn't sure if it was worth the time or not?
I totally dug it, without high xpectations. I'm an old radio guy, nd seeing the Elvis studios was fun for me. it's not elegant by any means. I have a ton of pics on my phone, but not this lap top.

Reactions: JLeonard and pi guy
Where is Cozy Corner at ? Man, watching this made me hungry, that is some great looking barbecue .

That is in the hood. Thats a part of memphis where, if you get pulled over and dont have a gun they issue you one. I have eaten some stellar BBQ in some of the sketchiest parts of town. But I went with someone from that area. Theres a gas station on my route home. Fella has a tent set up in the lot. Cooks on a near rusted out COS. But, his ribs rival anything from one the best restaurants in town.

Jim

Reactions: Smokin Okie
That is in the hood. Thats a part of memphis where, if you get pulled over and dont have a gun they issue you one. I have eaten some stellar BBQ in some of the sketchiest parts of town. But I went with someone from that area. Theres a gas station on my route home. Fella has a tent set up in the lot. Cooks on a near rusted out COS. But, his ribs rival anything from one the best restaurants in town.

Jim
Bummer, that looks fantastic!

Reactions: Smokin Okie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky