Been a long time..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PitBossMikey

Original poster
Apr 23, 2019
Ohio
It's been a long time since I've been on here. I built my first UDS probably seven years ago from instructions I found on here. I was on here pretty regular until my wife got sick with crohn's disease and her care took up a lot of our time. Glad to say she is now in remission, 7 years and 30 operations later ❤️. Anyway... She is my right hand when it comes to prepping all of this stuff for "Q" ing. I'm in the process building a new back porch and outdoor BBQ station complete with a brick offset vertical smoker and a bar. I am in the process of drawing my plans right now...There is not a lot of help on the internet with a project like this, I found a couple with some pictures, and I use feldons pit calculator to calculate the opening between the firebox and smoke chamber. Keeping my fingers crossed... I have a brick mason who's going to give me an estimate soon

Glad to have you back!
Happy to hear your wife is doing well!
Sounds like a great project you have going!
Al

glad to hear your wife doing better, sounds like quite a build, maybe you could post pics of the build process

So I've got all my drawings done finally and emailed them to my builder. I know an Amish guy who runs a Fab shop who is going to build the doors and racks. I work in a steel service center so I can get any steel I need for it at cost I was wondering have any of you ever use that rope gasket that you can use on wood stoves to help seal the doors?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky