Beef Suggestions...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xjcamaro

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Western PA
Hello everyone, been a long time since ive been on here, but still smoking. Mostly my rabbit, bacon, and cheese.

Im looking to do something beef for Christmas. I've done very few beef smokes. Im looking for something to feed about 7-8 people and require about a 6 hour smoke is what im going to have time for. What would you guys come up with?

That may be the way to go. I was thinking that or a roast for a type of roast beef.

Anything you like.
Could be as simple as as Salt/Pepper or complex like a classic prime rib rub.
If everyone loved spicy... Well then proceed from there.
Salt, pepper and garlic, then topped with mushrooms sauteed in butter.
Or maybe a red wine sauce.
Or...
Or...
Or...

Reactions: xjcamaro
Rib roasts for us. I do a couple 4-5lb'ers and there are plenty of leftovers for the eight of us. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, and some rosemary. 5 hours tops at 230 degrees. Did my first one about 5 years ago and now they won't let me do anything else. Plus, rib roasts typically go on sale the week before Christmas.

Barry.

Then maybe beef wellington. I've never made it myself, but my sister did one year for Christmas and it was fabulous.

Chris

Prime rib will be on sale this week all over the place, right now our Publix has it for $6.99 lb.
We always ask for the first 4 bones on the chuck end, and tell them to leave the bones still attached to the roast.
The reason we like the chuck end is that is where the ribeye cap is the thickest & that is the best piece of meet on a cow you can get, IMHO!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky