BCC and wings on WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

loosechangedru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 15, 2011
Gainesville, FL
Title says it all. These wings were huge, delicious, and on sale. I'm going back tomorrow to load up my freezer :)

BCC @ 300* for a couple hours, wings were @ 350* for a couple hours. Everything brined.

20181215_142955.jpg
20181215_203544.jpg
20181216_181819.jpg
20181216_205804.jpg
20181216_211952.jpg

One dismantled bird.
20181216_212556.jpg

Thanks for lookin' :)

Looks mighty tasty to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

Huge delicious and on-sale is the perfect trifecta for many of my smokes as well. Very nice looking wings! Like!

Mmmm those look tasty. Great job on the chickens too, How was the skin? looks nice and crispy. LIKE.
Congrats on the carousel ride

Looking good!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Looks mighty tasty to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

Everything looks absolutely delicious!
Nice work & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Ya'll, thanks for looking, the compliments, and the Carousel ride - weeeeeeeee!!!

Huge delicious and on-sale is the perfect trifecta for many of my smokes as well. Very nice looking wings! Like!

Thanks, Eddie - somehow, it always tastes better when you pay less for it, right? :P

Mmmm those look tasty. Great job on the chickens too, How was the skin? looks nice and crispy. LIKE.
Congrats on the carousel ride

Skin was at least "bite-through." Great texture, way better than rubbery skin I've done at 250*. Jeff has a recipe that starts low and goes high at the end, but he's using a pellet smoker that you can just dial in your temp and have it pretty quick. I think I'm gonna make that happen on my WSM somehow next time. Low and slow til IT 140*, then remove and tent the birds while I crank the smoker real quick so I don't get ash on my food from FB100 blowing harder, then put them back on til the skin is ACTUALLY crispy. Thanks for the Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky