Bad teeth/smoke meat don't mix Or do they?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

glued2it

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Tulsa
Well I took a trip to the dentist and had to get 2 teeth yanked out of my head.(extracted)
over the experience was terrible as per most trips to the dentist.
One had a curved root so they had to chip some bone to extract it.
It has left my mouth Extremely sore and eating VERY difficult.

after one day of broth and milk only I was fed up!
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

I was suffering from SMW! ( smoked meat withdrawal)

So I took some left over smoked chuck roast put it in the food processor and pulsed it until it was in small fibers. Not so much to look like puree.
Mix it some au jus and mashed potatoes.

Now I would have posted a pic but it looked like someone already ate it and didn't look very appealing.
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

But it tasted GREAT to me and I felt so much better.

I can sypathize. Soon after taking up smoking, so I was smoking every other day almost. I had to get a tooth jerked-molar. Popsicles and pudding, broth and creamy soup. all the while every time I opend the fridge or went outside I smelled the devine sweet smell of the gods wafting thru the air...

I was just too stupid to think of turning my smoked meat into rest-home food.

That would have been a wonderful symphony to my taste buds. Great adaptation....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I get to go and have 3 remaining wisdom teeth pulled out tomorrow. I ate a 3lb slab of baby backs yesterday in preperation for a week long bbq fast. I feels your pain...Well I will tomorrow
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

I had a similar situation, but I had to get my last baby teeth pulled and they had to take out a large piece of my jaw. I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled this thanksgiving break, so I will try out your idea for the meat!

Necessity is the mother of invention.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Besides, look at all the people that you just helped,
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
sooner or later, we all get a sore mouth. Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

There's always smoked sausage, beer and cheese soup...it's very soft, you can darn near gum it.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound mild sausage
  • 12 ounces dark beer (stout if you like it)
  • 1 large white potato, chopped
  • 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 green onions, diced
  • 1 cup half and half
PREPARATION:

Smoke the sausage (or heaven forbid, buy smoked sausage). In a large pot boil potatoes is in water until they start to get tender. Add onions, wine, salt, and sausage. Simmer until potatoes are completely tender. Add what's left and cook until it's as thick as you want it.

Mmmm, that soup sounds good keywesmoke.
icon_smile.gif

glued2it, I hope you feel better soon. I had a tooth worked on a couple of weeks ago, all I wanted was a pain killer.
eek.gif

Sounds like braut potato soup! I'll have to try it.

Meanwhile, Dr. Jose prescribed me salty Icy beverage. Dr.Jim beam's out of town(Sunday).

Coley you missed some good ribs yesterday at social circle fire dept...Wish I would have talked to you before to give you an invite
icon_cry.gif

Story of my life!...You know..."If my ship ever were to come in, I'd probably be at the Airport!"...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

Oh well...Maybe next time!...
icon_cry.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Hadn't heard about it...Wonder who/what was putting on the cook?...

Did ya get to take your Lang and do some cookin'?...

Until later...

Yeah It was me doing the cooking. I did 8 racks of baby's. Just for me and the guys. It was a last minute thing. I will PM you the next time. Needless to say they are insisting that I cook again soon. Sorry I diddnt tell you before hand.

In the immortal words of someone famous around here, you don't need teef to eat our beef...
biggrin.gif

Hey Coley, just watched this weeks video. Funny how I been in that same situation. Too many times.
icon_eek.gif
Last time was in my dads Kenworth, headed to Bonners Ferry ID with 70 yards of potting soil, first time I drove the truck. It was 20 degrees and snowing, the heater didn't work, I like to froze to death.
icon_cry.gif
When I got home that nite, dad came down and says, "how did you like the truck?" I said, the power is sure nice, but why didn't you tell me that the heater don't work? He climbs in the cab and flips the switch to AC, instant heat?? Thats the only switch I didn't try.
icon_redface.gif

heheh, thanks for NOT posting a view of the food! LOL.
icon_lol.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky