Bacon jam!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
LOL, Nothing Personal but that reminds me of the Episode on Iron Chefs America with the Trout Ice Cream...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah, I hear ya... It sounds really strange. But when you look at the things that are in it, it sounds like it might be a good topping or filling for a fatty or something like that.
For those of you that dont feel like clicking the link and reading it all.

Chipotle bacon jam

1 pound of bacon
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 sliver of onion
2-4 chipotles en adobo
2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the can)
2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground Mexican hot chocolate
1 cup of brewed coffee
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Black pepper to taste

I didnt know what mexican hot chocolate was, so I just used normal hot chocolate, and I cut down on the hots a little bit, just personal taste I guess.

Yes definitely keep us posted,this is one I want to hear about and don't forget lots of Qview...

At one time I laughed at Jalapeno Pepper Jelly till it tried it...

This is amazing, I can see this being an awesome addition to fattys, or anything really! I need to make it again, only with better bacon and a few different things, I also added a little honey to it to take away some of the heat.

I'm not to sure on this one it sounds alittle on the weird side but what the heck if it sounds good do it.

This is undoubtedly going on my list of ToDo's this weekend.

This would be an excellent replacement for the Italian Sausage I usually use in ABT's.

and on biscuits.

on a waffle..

ON A FORK!! Yay!

Thanks for giving the credit to the Homesick Texan. For those of yall who have not read her blog. She is a great writer and def. works on some classic southern/texan food. It is one of the few blogs I have bookmarked and check back to when I have the time.

Also to the OP- thanks for trying out the bacon jam with Qview!!! :)

Alright thanks for the info. My wife is having surgery next Thursday (nothing super serious, but prayers are always welcome) and will be in the hospital for a few days.

So like that say "when the cat is away..." I am going to make some bacon jam and some pepper jelly...and anything I can think of that she would think me crazy for trying...haha

I just watched an episode of FoodCrafters on the cooking channel and on the "Preserve" History show they had this guy that made Bacon Jam, claimed to sell thousands of jars a month out of his converted AirStream travel trailer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky