baby backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love smokin' babybacks, anyone who says they are no good for smokin' should be flogged! Smoke them using the 2-2-1 method and they come out real good.

HUH? I wonder who said that? Probably the same person the boils thier meat.

They are great.

NO NO ,,they are nasty, Send ALL you have to me for proper disposel. Please let me suffer eatting them.

Maybe I was wrong? Maybe babybacks don't taste good smoked, and I just don't know it. I think I will have to smoke some up and find out...
icon_idea.gif
biggrin.gif

maybe they tried to roll them up and smke them like a marlboro.

that might not be bad either come to think of it.

I actually never had them anyother way, and I turned out just fine.

Thank you, it's the neighbor plate special.
biggrin.gif

Thanks, the sauces are nothing special, one is just KC Masterpiece, the other is a cheap sauce called Open Pit, it's a sharp vinegar based sauce but I love it.

I was raised on open pit, that is a great sauce!

It is a great base sauce to modify and play with too.

I once mixed it with raspberry jelly for smoked meat balls for a part. delish

Yep, sounds like someone tried to par-boil some
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

I am more in the 2-1.5-.5 camp on BB's. Prefer spares but I'll pretty much eat any rib put in front of me, as long as its not par-boiled.

I have done the BB 2-2-1 and they have been great.But I have a friend that went to a BBQ SMOKING school and said no,no no, just leave em unfoiled for 5-6 hours at temp. will try next time. can't hurt.
does any one else not foil? and the reason please.
I guess I do it because smf say's to.. all been good.

I have always foiled them because that is how I learned to do it here. Now that I kinda got rib smokin' down, I just don't mess with it. Maybe next time I will leave one rack unwrapped to see how it comes out.

good idea. if it mess's up only one.if you do it before I , post results.I will also.but not till monday. I bring them to the fire station..they love em

ive never foiled baby backs or spares and they always turn out great .in my opinion foiling ribs is just basically good for speeding up the cooking process.but i do know people who foil and swear by it so i guess its just personal preference to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky