Auber WS-1211H SCORE!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Norm , you in the bottom or the back ?
That looks like the back . You need to be in the bottom .
That's the lower panel on the back.When it stops raining I'll have to take a look at the bottom.

Was able to take a couple quick pics of the bottom between rain drops.Looks like this may have to wait till tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20221217_105127.jpg
    20221217_105127.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 33
  • 20221217_105309.jpg
    20221217_105309.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: DStrick and chopsaw
You're in the right spot now . That's different from mine , but there is one of the models that you can just redo the plugs , no splicing needed . I think that's it , but can't say for sure . I looked for the thread but can't find it . He does talk about doing that in one of the threads . He'll be along I'm sure .

Reactions: DStrick and dr k
Look at some of this if you want to while you're waiting . I think this is a 40 , but similar setup . Post 165

Look at some of this if you want to while you're waiting . I think this is a 40 , but similar setup . Post 165

Thanks for that!

That makes things awfully easy!The only thing I need to confirm is which ends from the red/brown wires need to be connected to which ends of black/white wires.

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks for that!

That makes things awfully easy!The only thing I need to confirm is which ends from the red/brown wires need to be connected to which ends of black/white wires.
Good morning normanaj normanaj !
Just now seeing the posts and chopsaw chopsaw has you going the right way for sure.

To answer your question, as long as your smooth black from the power cord is spliced with A braided red/brown wire that is good.

Also, also as long as the smooth white from the power cord is braided to the OTHER braided red/brown wire that is good.

That's all there is, it works as long as you follow that rule because the wiring ultimately makes a continuous circle to allow power to travel through the wiring and heating element. The PID will be the switch that cuts power on/off to the cord and therefore this wiring and heating element.

Now with all that said I believe you can simply connect the white clip coming FROM the cord to the white clip that hooks to the braided wires and feeds back into the MES (to the heating element).
So really no need to even cut and wire nut/splice :D

Let me know if this makes sense, I included an image with green arrows but not sure I'm pointing to the correct white clip for the red braided wires :)

9iJgLMg.png

No issues with plugging one set into the other so we're up an running with the Auber.Question is what to do with the unplugged wires?Just leave them as is?

Now its just a matter of interpreting the instructions but so far set the temp and time on C1 and T1 for what I want.Holds within a 2-5 of set temp but would love to learn how to tweak it so its tighter but not going to complain at this point.

This was super easy on my particular MES.Going to go really simple and do a pork loin tomorrow and see how things work out.

Reactions: tallbm and chopsaw
Yup , I would just leave them unplugged .
I'm one that dialed mine in . Most don't do that . Not that hard to do . Like said holding 2 to 5 degrees of set temp is perfect . Mine gets to temp and stays there . Steady blink on the light . Run your cook tomorrow and see how it goes . If you want info on tweaking let me know . Congrats ! Glad you got it going , you will love it .

If every MES wiring was set like mine you'd do the PID in a heartbeat!Unplug two wire harnesses and reconnect and your in!

Reactions: chopsaw and tallbm
Yup , I would just leave them unplugged .
I'm one that dialed mine in . Most don't do that . Not that hard to do . Like said holding 2 to 5 degrees of set temp is perfect . Mine gets to temp and stays there . Steady blink on the light . Run your cook tomorrow and see how it goes . If you want info on tweaking let me know . Congrats ! Glad you got it going , you will love it .
So far it stays damn close to set temp but I'll be wanting to tweak it tighter.Light is steady blinking right now.Wish I'd done this a while ago.

• Love
Reactions: tallbm and chopsaw
BTW thanks to tallbm tallbm and chopsaw chopsaw for all the help in making this happen.Super easy when you get a little help.
Glad you got it up and running and working acceptably! Welcome to the PID club!!! :D

Yeah if they were all like yours it would be super easy, I agree.

As for the fine tuning, that won't be too hard if you are getting familiar with setting time and temp.
It's just a matter of entering the code that takes you through the PID and other options and adjusting their values.

I assume you will want a P value somewhere within 3-7 and see how it behaves from there.
I believe chopsaw chopsaw has some good Auber PID values written down somewhere and if you like I'm sure I can dig up what I have in notes somewhere hahaha :D

So doing the first smoke with the Auber.The pork loin is in.

Set at 235 and staying at 235.It did take longer to get to temp than with the stock MES controller but because it maintains temp so tightly the food is getting done faster,looking forward to doing a butt/brisket hot and fast and seeing how long it takes.

Going to have to take some time and look at some U-tube tutorials on how to tweak this.The instructions I downloaded from Auber's site are little confusing to say the least!

A couple of pics.I'll post up the cook pics in the pork forum later.

Attachments

• 20221218_085026.jpg
    20221218_085026.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20221218_085031.jpg
    20221218_085031.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 20
So doing the first smoke with the Auber.The pork loin is in.

Set at 235 and staying at 235.It did take longer to get to temp than with the stock MES controller but because it maintains temp so tightly the food is getting done faster,looking forward to doing a butt/brisket hot and fast and seeing how long it takes.

Going to have to take some time and look at some U-tube tutorials on how to tweak this.The instructions I downloaded from Auber's site are little confusing to say the least!

A couple of pics.I'll post up the cook pics in the pork forum later.
Man glad to hear things are going well!!

I went ahead and made an entire Auber Settings instructions post here:

Can I get you to check out the "P-I-D Settings" section almost halfway down in the post?
It has steps for setting the P-I-D values for an Auber PID and I would appreciate any feedback for edits that may need to be made as you use it to modify your Auber PID values :)

I'm hoping we can point people to it as needed and help the next person in your shoes get through it all with less pain :)

Posted up my results in the pork forum.

I set it to 135 and that's exactly where it stayed at,I had my Inkbird probe right next to it and never left 134.

tallbm tallbm I'll get back to you on the settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: tallbm
Posted up my results in the pork forum.

I set it to 135 and that's exactly where it stayed at,I had my Inkbird probe right next to it and never left 134.

tallbm tallbm I'll get back to you on the settings.
Nice to hear! Going to check that post now :)

That's awesome Norm . You're gonna love it .

Bring 'er in the house . Kitchen table is about the right height for the job .
+1 for this comment
Table height actually matters a lot in long run. Lately I use to be work on a low table which caused muscles strain and hunched back ( a little bit) issues for me. The physician asked if I do some work causing bad posture then it popped in my mind. Now I've changed it and I always recommend to select the table comparing your height. It actually matters.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky