Jerry here from SE Iowa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iowabucks

Original poster
Oct 24, 2023
Hey everyone, this is my 3rd post here. Guess i should have started here first. lol.

I've been smoking for 10 years or more. Started off with a Bradly electric. Realized one element wasn't going to cut it. So i modded it with dual elements and an Auber PID. Don't have that one anymore.

Then i built a drum smoker and use a BBQ Guru setup and fan with it. Some of the best smoked meats i have ever done came off that one.

And i also have a Bayou Classic 36" offset smoker. I do have the patience to tend a fire and find it enjoying, but have never done a brisket or pork butt on it yet. Patience for shorter cooks but the 12 hr +...... not sure that i'm ready to do that yet. Just gotta stay away from the alcohol. lol

I love a good brisket or pork butt. Also love to do turkey breasts, ribs, chicken and different appetizers.

Currently i just picked up a MES 30" analog smoker for $20, just needs an element, got two on order. But i want to mod it right away. Getting better airflow and tholding temps are my priorities so i'm probably going with an Auber PID. Seal the door and do a ubolt tube mod and i might be ready to do the snack sticks, brats, and sausages that i have been wanting to get into.

Glad to meet you brother.
I also use a drum smoker with a guru, well that is until the guru died on me at my last comp.
I got zero help, or call backs from guru, so I'm done with them. Plus you can build your own stoker for way less than guru charges.

Can't wait to see a few of your creations.

Keep the smoke roll'in.

Dan.

Welcome Jerry, from the nw corner of Iowa ( Cherokee area) ! You will love that mes with the pid, mine holds within a couple degrees. Glad you joined us!

Ryan

Hey everyone, this is my 3rd post here. Guess i should have started here first. lol.

I've been smoking for 10 years or more. Started off with a Bradly electric. Realized one element wasn't going to cut it. So i modded it with dual elements and an Auber PID. Don't have that one anymore.

Then i built a drum smoker and use a BBQ Guru setup and fan with it. Some of the best smoked meats i have ever done came off that one.

And i also have a Bayou Classic 36" offset smoker. I do have the patience to tend a fire and find it enjoying, but have never done a brisket or pork butt on it yet. Patience for shorter cooks but the 12 hr +...... not sure that i'm ready to do that yet. Just gotta stay away from the alcohol. lol

I love a good brisket or pork butt. Also love to do turkey breasts, ribs, chicken and different appetizers.

Currently i just picked up a MES 30" analog smoker for $20, just needs an element, got two on order. But i want to mod it right away. Getting better airflow and tholding temps are my priorities so i'm probably going with an Auber PID. Seal the door and do a ubolt tube mod and i might be ready to do the snack sticks, brats, and sausages that i have been wanting to get into.
Jerry,
Welcome to SMF from North Texas!

- Jason

Welcome to the forum from Tampa.

Brad

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky