Anyone use the masterbuilt 560??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey new dude....cough cool story bro..

Will no problem bud Most know about the issue product might still be ok just gotta know what your getting into and be ok with it. Let me know if u go that way so we can get install info and how well it ages.

I ordered the 12ga mod and it is getting shipped today.
I have been going through BBQ/Smoker withdrawals.
I had been using mine on almost a daily basis.
I have held off when I noticed the insulation in the ash bucket.
I am not ready for the Boat Trailer Mod though. LOL.
And I am married so I won't need a Wench.

Ok “bro” no need to have thin skin because I criticized your grill. Most people just went by MB saying there is a fire brick behind it which is a straight up lie so maybe you are ok with it but you don’t speak for everyone.

There's something wrong with your grill. There's not much info around talking about the temp differences you're experiencing. I've checked my 560 and 1050 both with an infrared thermometer and found only about 5 degrees difference front to back and side to side.
Whatever chunk of metal you're talking about wouldn't be part of the firebox after one use, it took mine 30 days to burn out. Where did it fall from? Faulty assembly maybe? Was it assembled by you or HD? HD has a widespread history of getting it wrong in assembling these things

I assembled it myself, the piece of metal was definitely from the fire box because I checked it right after seasoning it and there was already chipping, then when I loaded the charcoal again for my first smoke it scraped a piece off into the ash bucket. Nothing else was chipping and the piece looked exactly like what I saw in the firebox.

The temp difference may have been from the water pan I used so I will try another smoke without it.

Thought I screwed up a whole brisket the other day, put it on at 5:30am, 225F and left it be. Went to check it after about 7 hours and it was already reading 198F. Wrapped it and left it another 30 minutes, but was pretty much done after that. The meat probe was sliding through really easily. Thankfully it turned out OK.

But, the reason for my post.... what do you all recommend for cleaning the grills, heat manifold etc. I can never seem to get all the greasy residue off the grills.

But, the reason for my post.... what do you all recommend for cleaning the grills, heat manifold etc. I can never seem to get all the greasy residue off the grills.

I keep my manifold and drip trays covered in foil and replace every so often. I also use drip trays for almost everything. Insides get scraped down with plastic putty knife.

Thats the extent of it.

Reactions: Will Squared
what do you all recommend for cleaning the grills, heat manifold etc. I can never seem to get all the greasy residue off the grills.

I cover the manifold with foil. This lasts several cooks.

After I get done with a cook I run the temp up high and run it for another 10 minutes or so at sear temps. Any grease just crisps up to a char and brushes right off.

Reactions: abcdefghii
Today I am doing some pork ribs with a Coffee Rub.
It is 6 am and I am about to go start the 560.
I will be using the 1-2-3 method.

Reactions: abcdefghii
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky