Another Fried Turkey Warning With Q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not really sure why anyone would drop a turkey into an already-flaming fryer. I suppose it was just another cheap radio stunt. A lot of PSAs show that this can happen on a normal (non-flaming) fryer too.

In that second video, you can see the oil spill over as the turkey is being placed into the fryer. That fryer had way too much oil in it. The first video was just a ridiculous stunt.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

What a waste of a turkey! I have deep fried probably a hundred turkeys and never once had a flare up. Let common sense prevail.

Can't remember how many turkey's I've fried, no problems what so ever. Course it's fryin a turkey not slam dunk basket ball.

Gotta have a brain an use it. Some folks can't operate a toilet real well let alone play with fire!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

I agree with racey here the first one was a stupid stunt and to think of it the second one was really stupid too. But some people who think they can fry a turkey don't take into consideration the weight and mass of a turkey so when you dumb you have to be tough. At least putt water in the pot with bird first.

I agree that it is much exagerated but on the other hand there are some real morons out there that this might help- my wife used to work as a 411 operator and worked a lot of Thanksgivngs and you would not beleive the totally moronic questions she used to get. One of my favorites was the knife they had was not cutting thru the turkey very well so they wanted to see if it was OK to use a chainsaw - seems they took the turkey out of the freezer and into the oven for 1 hour and thought it was ready to carve
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Anyone who's fried a turkey knows 1) don't overfill the pot and 2) shut the burner off before putting the turkey into said pot. Amateurs.

Well technically it would work.
You gotta give them points for being "creative" or just really stupid, then some pity points I guess...

Two problems, the bar oil for the chainsaw interferes with the cajun spices, secondly frozen meat is hard on the teeth... takes all kinds, lol

I have done numerous fried turkey's, matter of fact we are eating leftovers this evening as I make a batch of Dutch's Wicked Beans, mmmmm

Peace all, been awhile since I've been here.
Matt
aka Rocky

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky