Kamado Joe Classic Smoking Turkey with herbs in foil packet no wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

donmanalla

Original poster
Feb 17, 2015
New Orleans
Looking for a lost recipe for herb smoking turkey. Last year smoked a whole bird using a foil pouch with herbs instead od wood. This was the best tasting turkey ever, but I lost the amount of and which herbs. Question being has anyone seen this method of smoking a Thanksgiving Turkey. Stuck and need help.

I know a lot mix the herbs with butter and rub under breast skin (including me), but I have not heard of doing that.

I've heard of it but never tried it. If I remember correctly Thyme and Basil were used. Placed in a foil pouch would work well just don't over do it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Oh, and by the way Don, welcome back. Hope to see more of you.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky