2023 Turkey Time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
Just noticed Turkeys going on sale today. Kroger here has $0.99/lb Butterballs with $25 purchase other items. $0.75/lb if it's a Kroger brand turkey.

Tom Thumb/Alberstons/Safeway/Randalls in my area has a free turkey if you spend $75.
Another place has a similar deal.

I see come cured and smoked turkey in my life real soon :D

have not seen those kinds of prices on turkeys around these parts for quite some time , years even.

That s because our turkeys are special

1699474894312.png

That's why they cost so much

David

Just noticed Turkeys going on sale today. Kroger here has $0.99/lb Butterballs with $25 purchase other items. $0.75/lb if it's a Kroger brand turkey.

Tom Thumb/Alberstons/Safeway/Randalls in my area has a free turkey if you spend $75.

Thanks for heads up. Last year, due to forecasted shortages, our stores didn't stock for sales until right before Thanksgiving.

Reactions: tallbm

show 'nuf... checked pube-licks preview sale paper...$.69/lb for store brand.

Yep looks like the deals are happening all over!

I brine and cure injected/solution turkeys at 1.65% salt all the time and have zero over salting issues so if anyone is worried about it, this info should help you with your decision making :D

I have to be careful about these turkey prices though. I haven't gotten the grind back from my 4 deer and 1 hog so I have to be patient to see how much space I have. Can't have a turkey taking up precious game meat space :D

Our Kroger has Butterball for .99/lb and house brand for .59 with $25 purchase, limit 2. Publix new ad hasn't dropped yet. Still surprisingly good pricing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky