Another first: Ground beef jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

THutson67

Original poster
Dec 5, 2020
Indiana
Tried 3 pounds of 80/20, couldn't find anything leaner around here. LEM jerky gun was pretty easy to use. Used the seasoning and cure kit that came with it. I did have to drop some grease off of it when done. Trays loaded, about 2 hours in, about 5 hours, then done at almost 7 hours. It didn't last long!
20210214_173019.jpg

Looks very good! Keep smoking! Isn't that frustrating?! Spend all that time and work to make great jerky or any meat and it's gone in less time than it takes to cool it and bag it! And if you're like me, you are not the one who get's the most of what you made?! 🍻

Reactions: THutson67
Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone! LOL. I have 5 lbs. to season up for Thursday. I'm hoping I get a little more this time.

What smoker?
Great job and happy it got eaten fast.

Try to get above 90% lean for jerky that you want to store.
I have a Pit Boss 700 Classic from Walmart now. My RecTec Mini went out right before Thanksgiving. I'll definitely get it fixed when it warms up.
As for the fat content, it's evidently tough to find the 90/10 around here. I saw a $69 Lincoln Outfitters meat grinder at Rural King, maybe I'll grind my own eventually. LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky