(30) 16 year olds this saturday what to make

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
my son has thirty or so friends coming saturday
gonna make wings,bb ribs, a couple chuckies, and fries
any other good ideas for a crowd of 16 year olds?

thanks for the ideas

I haven't tried it yet, but burgers are always good. I want to smoke some one day & see what happens. Now, with 16 year olds, anything "FREE" in food is always good. Just put "YOUR" special touch on it & you will win over 30 yound men who will darken your door everytime your smoker is lit. Good luck. I mean that, Good Luck! (And don't let them rush you. This is an opportune time to establish yourself as "Da Man" on the smoker.)

ABT's are a hit with everyone we've made them for.

Bbq beans for a side...don't know anyone who doesn't like these either.

Cold smoked/seared hot dogs or brats are pretty tasty...they taste like smoked sausages.

Don't forget the most important thing...HAVE FUN!

Eric

Looks like you have the entree covered. Soak ears of corn overnight and let them get good and "roasty-toasty" in the smoker. Now, for dessert....

You could smoke an apple cobbler and make some homemade ice cream.

Is that too much??
icon_mrgreen.gif

Rick with a crowd like that I'd throw a couple butts into the mix as well if them boys get hungry you know how much they can eat in a hurry

I can tell you what your gunna make.. you going to make a bunch more trips to the grocery store with thirty 16 year olds.. LOL
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

ABT's would work, but as a father of 4 boys, 3 are teenagers, and we've had the crowd of kids here, I highly recommend for you and your spouse, some extra strength aspirin and some ear plugs.
eek.gif

Why not some ABTs to add to the mix, kind of a lot of prep work but they are sure to please.
A great, extremely versatile and loved by all-couple of 2lb fatties?

We teach a cooking class to teenage boys and girls. One item that is always a huge hit is chipotle mini burgers - you use a small hamburger ball and grill or smoke it, then add a chipotle mayonaise and some jack cheese and serve on the Hawiian rolls - mighty tasty

For dessert - this is very easy and is killer good. We recently did this for a catering job and everyone loved it

Miniature Cherry Cheesecakes
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese softened
2 - eggs
2 - tablespoons lemon juice
2 - teaspoons vanilla
2/3 - cup sugar

Blend ingredients together.

18 vanilla wafers

Place one wafer in a cupcake tin and full 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

Cool and top with 1 can of cherry pie filling

Good Luck and have fun with it

Make a big batch of smoky sloppy joes. Smoke a bunch of burger meat for a while then throw that smoky meat into your croc-pot and make your sloppy joes as normal. I have been dying to try those for a while now.

30 16 year olds
icon_surprised.gif
Wow! Truthfully 16 year olds don't much care what they eat. As long as it tastes good and isn't good for them. I'd be more worried about what I'm going to drink to get through that ordeal!!
icon_smile.gif

I would go with butts, ABT's and Wings. I jsut deid some wings I injected with A mix of butter, brown sugar and Franks Redhot. My teenagers went nuts over them. You could do 50% thatway and 50% Teriiyaki with a butter, teriyaki and pineapple jiuce injection.

And as mentioned above I would not forget to top it all off with asprin! Wash the asprin down with a Jack & Coke or two when they have all gone home.

I can tell you this. Get more ribs than you think you need. Everytime I have a shindig the ribs go twice as fast as everything else. I had to start leaving a stash outside so I could have a few.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky