spice grinder xl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DEERMAKER

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2024
NORTHEASTERN PA
Just a thought, any ideas on a large capacity spice grinder. That actually grinds spices to powder if needed.
I have one, its on small side and most times I cant fit all the spices I like to grind in it at one shot.
Also, would like to expand the use of it for my daughter, who has a need for things like rice flour, maybe I can make it now with this item.
Oh, I like simple and reliable, not disposable after year or two if I can be avoided in this situation.
These are my hopes.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance

Don

Multiple sizes out there Greatrue Electric Grain Mill Grinder Spice Grinder Flour Mill Wheat Cereals Herb Pulverizer for Kitchen,150g High Speed Dry Spice Grinder Machine https://a.co/d/dpXcHMP
That looks like a heavier duty one than I have. Nice!
The one I have suits me, but I can add that one to my "want but don't need" list. 🤣

I've been using a coffee grinder. Don't give it heavy use, but it has been reliable.
Not sure what you mean by large capacity. I've never put more that 3-4 tablespoons in it.

Krupps Grinder
Have this EXACT grinder and love it. For a BIG load I would just do multiple runs. That said, I do plan to upgrade eventually to a burr grinder where I can control grind size.

Just a thought, any ideas on a large capacity spice grinder. That actually grinds spices to powder if needed.
I have one, its on small side and most times I cant fit all the spices I like to grind in it at one shot.
Also, would like to expand the use of it for my daughter, who has a need for things like rice flour, maybe I can make it now with this item.
Oh, I like simple and reliable, not disposable after year or two if I can be avoided in this situation.
These are my hopes.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance

Don

I question whether or not you can use 1 grinder for both spices and rice flour.

I use the usual $19.95 cheap blade grinder for spices. It holds aromas and flavors from previous grinds.

Those oils linger. For a LONG time. If it's used only for spices, not so much of a big deal. The freshly ground oils will dominate and the old ones might linger in the background.

But flour? That's going to soak up all the scents and flavors. You want flours to be neutral.

I question whether or not you can use 1 grinder for both spices and rice flour.

I use the usual $19.95 cheap blade grinder for spices. It holds aromas and flavors from previous grinds.

Those oils linger. For a LONG time. If it's used only for spices, not so much of a big deal. The freshly ground oils will dominate and the old ones might linger in the background.

But flour? That's going to soak up all the scents and flavors. You want flours to be neutral.
Yeah. I am kinda stepping back to pretty much separating uses. I agree. Ty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky