2012 Masterbuilt Smokers - NEW 30" & 40" Models!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
put some pics up next time you fire that baby up. im dying to see the finished product coming out of this smoker. im trying to ween myself off my char griller smokin pro  because of the maintaining temperature game... and so is my wife!

Thanks for the reply! i noticed the model number on the  sams  club one is 20070810. Heres the link:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod1180971&navAction=push

Anyone can explain what the deal with the model number boogie here? Post a pic when you can to see the goods  :)
 The others are correct the last 2 digits is the year. In this case the Sam's MES 40 is a 2010 model that had a SSteel Door and all the electronics with, I believe, a Black Cabinet...In 2011 the Model # 20070311 came out and seems identical to the Sam's unit but is all Stainless Steel. Amazon had them for awhile at a great price but seems to be currently out of stock...JJ

I have been waiting for the new one as well. Seems like there are a few good improvements on it worth waiting for. However I am still curious as to Sam's still having a 2010 model. Maybe they can sell them cheap since they are always selling the year old model? I hope not but just a guess. I'm still gonna be holding out to check though...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all...1st time poster. Anyway, I also saw the model # 20070810 on Sam's web site. I visited my local Sam's yesterday, and the model they had on the floor was a 20070211. I looked at the manual that came with it, and it said it covered model #'s 20070211, 20070311, and 20070411. This is the first time I've heard of a 20070211...anyone aware of this model?

I have this model - in fact, I received it for Mother's Day a few days early.   I'm not new to smoking meats, but am brand new to an electric smoker. The unit worked properly - temp correct, the remote functioned perfectly as well. However, I'm getting ready to post a few questions regarding the amount of smoke this unit produces (not enough).   I'm used to babysitting a smoker using the coal, chips, hotbox method, but felt I babysat the electric unit more.

Hkeiner,

Thanks for the answer on this - I was just going to post that after a lot of research on this tham  I just ordered the AMNPS 5x8 and a couple of assorted dusts.   Did I order the correct size for an MES40?

Thanks,

Katie

The 5x8 Pellet Smoker is the right one.  You'll want pellets for it.  Dust doesn't work as well at higher temps.  A full tray of pellets will give you up to 10 hours of perfect smoke.  My favorite is the Pitmaster Blend.  Great smokey/sweet smell & taste.

I have this model - in fact, I received it for Mother's Day a few days early.   I'm not new to smoking meats, but am brand new to an electric smoker. The unit worked properly - temp correct, the remote functioned perfectly as well. However, I'm getting ready to post a few questions regarding the amount of smoke this unit produces (not enough).   I'm used to babysitting a smoker using the coal, chips, hotbox method, but felt I babysat the electric unit more.
Hmm, not enough smoke visually or taste-wise? My unit produced quite a bit of smoke I thought. Initially white smoke, then not so visible of what I think they call blue smoke. I only put in wood chips twice while smoking a brisket and was totally surprised at the smokey result. I have the AMNPS kit anyway for when I am not there for the 2nd add. I feel I may be babysitting the temperature too much though, which by the way I did not find to be accurate on my unit.

I'm fairly new to smoking and have just used our new MES30 (new model) twice. The first time we smoked wings. Way too much smoke... I had the vent almost closed thinking this would be good. The taste was great, but the after-effect - not so good! We only used a handfull of wood chips that time. The second time we smoked beef and pork ribs using the 3 - 2 - 1 method. This unit is VERY smoke efficient. I used 1 cup of wood chips at the beginning, and that lasted the entire time. I kept thinking I would need to add more, but the smoke was still going, slowly but evenly, throughout. The flavour was perfect!

I also tested the temp, and it held steady at 225 the entire time. I love this smoker!

I'm fairly new to smoking and have just used our new MES30 (new model) twice. The first time we smoked wings. Way too much smoke... I had the vent almost closed thinking this would be good. The taste was great, but the after-effect - not so good! We only used a handfull of wood chips that time. The second time we smoked beef and pork ribs using the 3 - 2 - 1 method. This unit is VERY smoke efficient. I used 1 cup of wood chips at the beginning, and that lasted the entire time. I kept thinking I would need to add more, but the smoke was still going, slowly but evenly, throughout. The flavour was perfect!

I also tested the temp, and it held steady at 225 the entire time. I love this smoker!

Good to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Seems that MB listened and fixed a complaint that earlier buyers had made about having to load chips constantly to get a good smoke!

Kudos to MB for responding to their customers!!

$289.00

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...2-2&AID=10368321&cj=true&srccode=cii_13736960

e0546c8f_3225fbba-2a0b-4432-a245-cc9f59453651_300.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky