0400AM Smoke On!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
What a day yesterday.

An AYCE sushi lunch with my 15yr'ol daughter, and grocery shopping for Thanksgiving.

Then date night with my wife, we did dinner downtown and the Mobile Symphony Orchestra at the Mobile Saenger Theater.
It was the MSO's annual Beethoven & Blue Jeans Night, showcasing his Pastoral Symphony, and an amazing flutist, Anthony Trionfo performed a concerto by Lowell Liebermann.

And then I've stayed up all night watching movies and getting my smoke on.
Smoking a Picnic Roast for the family's Sunday dinner, and a Butt for some guys at work who've been helping me out.
I also whipped up a batch of my Apple Cranberry Sweet Slaw, and some SoFlaQuers Finishing sauce too.
Later I'm doing some zucchini, yellow squash and onion in balsamic glaze.

dOMT4NE.jpg

25ntbRL.jpg

p3fspEH.jpg

Speaking of grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, one thing I like about holidays is that they stock a wider selection and specialty items.
Such as some nice big Capons that aught to be delicious.
They better be for the damned price they're charging!
Ov2aDgK.jpg

02z4NxO.jpg

And I would be amiss if I didn't post a hearty breakfast to start my day.
Hashbrowns, Corned Beef Hash and Eggs,

uHPaDWF.jpg

Maybe I'll get some sleep mid-morning or afternoon?

Last edited:
What a day yesterday.
An AYCE sushi lunch with my 15yr'ol daughter.
Grocery shopping for Thanksgiving.
Date night with my wife, we did dinner downtown and symphony at the Saenger theater.

Smoking a Picnic Roast for the family's Sunday dinner, and a Butt for some guys at work who've been helping me out.
I also whipped up a batch of my Apple Cranberry Sweet Slaw, and some SoFlaQuers Finishing sauce too.

View attachment 681309

View attachment 681310

View attachment 681311

Speaking of grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, one thing I like about holidays is that they stock a wider selection and specialty items.
View attachment 681312

View attachment 681313

View attachment 681314

Great start! And a hearty looking breakfast! If I find a capon up here. It is in the 20.00 a pound range.

• Wow
Reactions: chilerelleno
wOW, looks like you got it going on for sure. Had to look up what a Capon was because i did not know. Wishing you and yours the best Thanksgiving. I scored 2 nice bucks that have been hanging in my cooler for 3 days now so i start the boning out process today as soon as I have my coffee. Post pics of your finished smokes.

HT

WOW John that was a busy and very cultured day and night at the opera house.
And that is one pricy bird with out his male parts, lol

AND am I the only one that though you were having OWL for breakfast, lol Just saying.

View attachment 681317

Just saying

David
Now that you pointed it out. It can't be unseen!

Ooo baby I'll stand in line with plate in hand for this finish, John. Mom always bought capons vs turkeys. They just taste better. For me, wet brine them and the world's your oyster when it comes to cooking them. Personally, its the rotisserie with a smoke tube. :emoji_wink:

What a night for sure !! Man you havefto be exhausted. Lots of good food you have going. That capon price is insane but now that I've looked up what it is I need to try it someday.

Can't wait for the finish pics! Hopefully one of your kids will post a pic of dad's nap lol. Bet that was a tasty owl for breakfast!

A Capon is a special bird. With a unique raising technique. Which commands a higher price. I've only had it twice. Worth the money? That's subjective. It was pretty darn good.
I'm a special bird too... my price just went up as well!

Ryan

What a day yesterday.

An AYCE sushi lunch with my 15yr'ol daughter, and grocery shopping for Thanksgiving.

Then date night with my wife, we did dinner downtown and the Mobile Symphony Orchestra at the Mobile Saenger Theater.
It was the MSO's annual Beethoven & Blue Jeans Night, showcasing his Pastoral Symphony, and an amazing flutist, Anthony Trionfo performed a concerto by Lowell Liebermann.

View attachment 681309

View attachment 681310

View attachment 681311

View attachment 681312

View attachment 681313

View attachment 681314

Man Chile you have a lot going on! It all looks good so far. I know you will knock it out of the park. Get a good nap in.

Fred

The Pork

Picnic Roast

1x2iZ04h.jpg

RtSgRuqh.jpg

Butt

Nc0u2Mmh.jpg

Pulled

pqaU6fph.jpg

LUxbsqEh.jpg

7I9RlRGh.jpg

The Balsamic Glazed Veggies got shot down, so I did them in olive oil and tomato sauce with fresh oregano.

777j83Xh.jpg

g6WyFjLh.jpg

Ready

Qp6FIVZh.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky