Brisket point cut sold seperate????

Discussion in 'Beef' started by abokol, Apr 21, 2010.

  1. abokol

    abokol Smoke Blower

    Just out of curiousity, what name do they sell the point cut of the brisket as by itself. I can find full packers, and flats here but have never seen a piece of beef labeled as the "point" cut. They cut the point off to sell flats, where's the point go???? Maybe its just where I live, not sure. Figured maybe I could find some and smoke them as I seem to like the flavor and texture of that part of the full packer the best.

  2. caveman

    caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

    In my local grocery stores, they sell they as "Corned Beef Briskets." If you look at the label, it will should "Point Cut" on it somewhere.
  3. abokol

    abokol Smoke Blower

    I was looking for other than "corned beef" cut. trying to keep it uncured
  4. caveman

    caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

    You should be able to go directly to a butcher shop & ask for that specific cut of meat.
  5. walle

    walle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

    I've never seen the point sold separately around here... maybe an actual butcher shop, which are very hard to find these days, would have them or could get them for you.
  6. jdt

    jdt Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

    I have never seen a point sold seperately either, its either packer or flat around here.
  7. abokol

    abokol Smoke Blower

    Soooooo, where the H*** does the point go? I certainly see alot flats for sale.
  8. there is one butcher pretty close to where I work and another close to where I live. I'm certain either would sell you just the point. I dont think Denver is lacking in the butcher department. I'm guessing that the point from the packer is either ground up for hamburger or made into corned beef.
  9. herkysprings

    herkysprings Smoking Fanatic

    Butcher takes it home, possibly marinades it, rubs it in Montreal Steak spice or salt and pepper, and makes himself a sinfuly delicious roast.


    At least that is what I would do. Or burnt ends.

Share This Page