You won’t believe what I got for $25

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
BC6873A0-4550-48DA-A4A6-5DA80683BBB3.jpeg

Yep, I was looking on our neighborhood site & there was this for $25. I immediately texted them that I will buy it & mark it sold. They even brought it to our house. I plugged it in & it was making some noises, so I know what to do. Did this a few times with our other KA. You just take it apart, clean all the old grease out, and check all the gears for any chips or missing teeth. Then simply add a generous amount of grease to all the gears & put it back together. It’a a bit messy, but I found rubber gloves, a popsicle stick , & a bunch of paper towels make it pretty easy. I ran it for a few minutes on low to get the new grease worked in. It runs like new, quiet, and smooth. So of course I had to make something with it. Yes, cinnamon buns!!

010327C1-6584-4F46-8382-B5BBC327F240.jpeg

Have a great day folks!!
Al

Nice score Al, I have always wanted one with all the attachments but it is just too big to store for the amount of use it would get.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Great Find Al. Those buns look to die for! I got my dried starter going good and it doubled this morning but not sure going to have time today to make SD. Need to do today to have ready for breakfast saturday but think just going to go down to the river for some beer and a fire. I can always make Judy's Rye tomorrow. It only takes a few hours and is always good.

View attachment 647159

Yep, I was looking on our neighborhood site & there was this for $25. I immediately texted them that I will buy it & mark it sold. They even brought it to our house. I plugged it in & it was making some noises, so I know what to do. Did this a few times with our other KA. You just take it apart, clean all the old grease out, and check all the gears for any chips or missing teeth. Then simply add a generous amount of grease to all the gears & put it back together. It’a a bit messy, but I found rubber gloves, a popsicle stick , & a bunch of paper towels make it pretty easy. I ran it for a few minutes on low to get the new grease worked in. It runs like new, quiet, and smooth. So of course I had to make something with it. Yes, cinnamon buns!!

View attachment 647160

Have a great day folks!!
Al
I have one that I will NEVER sell or give away! I use it for grinding and stuffing Italian sausages.

What a nice score Al! Don't remember for sure what we gave for ours, but probably $300 or more.

And those buns look terrific!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky