What type of smoker to build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wtipton

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Salem, Oregon
Hello fellow smoke-a-holics,

I am new to this forum and have been looking at the various builds people have done. I am looking to build my own smoker in the next month or so and am undecided on what to build. I have been leaning towards the double barrel smoker but have heard that heat control might be a issue, and the side box smoker is more labor intensive. I ultimately want something that I can smoke 5-10 racks of ribs or several butts on, that looks good and is durable. I also don't want to spend over $400 on the build. I am a okay welder but have several friends that can do the welding for me and I do have most of the equipment so it is down to design. Any ideas??? Thanks

William

PS Once a design is decided on I will post pics of my build...

I think you should research "ugly drum smoker" Very simple and cost effective to build. I made mine for around $140, it will cook at and even temp for 12-18+ hours without having to reload charcoal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky