Let me know what u think about my FB door

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irvin78787884

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 17, 2023
Unionville PA

Attachments

• IMG_3880.jpeg
    IMG_3880.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: JLeonard
Keep this in mind...

Most all off set smokers look the same. Yeah, there are minor differences here and there, but when you put something like this door on one, now you have people asking questions and you get to show off your build!

Put it on there!
I am gonna put it on. I was thinking it would be different and it was free a guy at work gave it to me. So it’s like win win. lol

And saves ya fab-ing one!
Does the air inlet still work?
Jim
It kinda does there is a thumb screw to hold it open, closed or anywhere in between. The thumb screw is rusted fast and pretty well rotted. The threads are about gone and I bet if any force was applied it would snap off. Kind of a bummer.

It kinda does there is a thumb screw to hold it open, closed or anywhere in between. The thumb screw is rusted fast and pretty well rotted. The threads are about gone and I bet if any force was applied it would snap off. Kind of a bummer.
Well heck!

Jim

I'll make a counter argument. It looks too small to me. Some dimensions might help, but just based on the picture.
It looks really cool though.
So if it'll make you feel good every time you open it because it looks cool, do it!
But if you think you might be frustrated ever time you have to tend the fire because you are trying to squeeze logs through a hot opening and have to kneel down to see what's going on, then that is also going to affect your cooking experience.

I'll make a counter argument. It looks too small to me. Some dimensions might help, but just based on the picture.
It looks really cool though.
So if it'll make you feel good every time you open it because it looks cool, do it!
But if you think you might be frustrated ever time you have to tend the fire because you are trying to squeeze logs through a hot opening and have to kneel down to see what's going on, then that is also going to affect your cooking experience.
U do make a good point. Not sure on the log size part guess I will have to look into it.

Reactions: irvin78787884
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky