Venison, Beef, Wild Hog Salisbury Steaks, Gravy, and Homemade Mashed Potatoes.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks David. After frying the hamburger steaks, I sauteed the onions until most had caramelized and browned very well. Those two steps, plus a little dark brown roux, and the Worster sauce....yep-really dark gravy. I did add a little xanthan gum; about 1/2tsp. to 2 1/2~3qts. of gravy. That helped....

Yes , i am a big onion lover and with that and all the other steps, just wonderful. I try to easy
with the wheresyoursister sauce, I find it can take over pretty quick.

This ain't your regular pack of gravy mix gravy. Love me some good gravy

David

That plate looks fantastic ! Nice work .
I did add a little xanthan gum; about 1/2tsp. to 2 1/2~3qts. of gravy. That helped....
I made some beans in the instant pot yesterday . Came out thinner than I like .
I added some nutritional yeast to the pot . Thickened it up just right , but added something to the flavor that made me think Wow , that's good .

That plate looks fantastic ! Nice work .

I made some beans in the instant pot yesterday . Came out thinner than I like .
I added some nutritional yeast to the pot . Thickened it up just right , but added something to the flavor that made me think Wow , that's good .
I've not ventured to experimenting with nutritional yeast as of yet.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky