Use Kroger coupons and coupons from the Kroger family of stores from nation wide weekly ad digital coupons at your local Kroger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've used those packets. Very good.

I've never seen or heard of this. Now I'll have something to search for.

I actually used this on some flank steak last Sunday. I agree, very good, but I also had some chimichurri on hand as a condiment.
On a whim I tried this on some bone in pork chops if got at Savealot for $1.49 a lbs. So good! Neighbor approved and he's ordering some lol. Finally polished one off myself for supper. It's the best chop I've ever had. That marinade and indirect on the Weber Kettle with a quick sear at the end is magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB05615
Always use self checkout. Rib deal worked for me yesterday. Also grabbed a butt for $.97 a lb. Had a family member try the rib coupon in north GA and didn’t work. Thinks when he clicked on the store in that zip it only showed a delivery option.

Reactions: jcam222
On a whim I tried this on some bone in pork chops if got at Savealot for $1.49 a lbs. So good! Neighbor approved and he's ordering some lol. Finally polished one off myself for supper. It's the best chop I've ever had. That marinade and indirect on the Weber Kettle with a quick sear at the end is magic.
I found the McCormick Brazilian marinade packet at Kroger in the gravy packet area not in the spice isle.

Well boys, 75248 BRISKET IS BACK ON THE MENU!!!! Limit 2 digital coupon $1.87/lb Choice grade whole packer brisket!
BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma you ready to put that grinder to work making amazing ground beef? :D

This starts Wed 6/26
nYTYPNd.png

Well boys, 75248 BRISKET IS BACK ON THE MENU!!!! Limit 2 digital coupon $1.87/lb Choice grade whole packer brisket!
BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma you ready to put that grinder to work making amazing ground beef? :D

This starts Wed 6/26
View attachment 699451
Man I finally got the big stuff gone! Just took my last ham out. I am waiting for my AC Leggs sweet Italian to come today. Hope I did not wait to long. Pork been in fridge since Thursday. Not sure if I going to stuff it or not. I think I will just wait until next sale. I just give most of it away after smoking anyway. I have couple chucks. Did a butt in oven coule days ago using my buddy mom recipe. Man is it good. To hot out. Taking day off from river running some spirits, making my pecans and hopefully sausage.

Reactions: tallbm

This starts Wed 6/26
View attachment 699451
Thanks, this is a great deal, got 1 in the deep freezer, but I'll maKe room for 1 more if this works in 30019. Should work, I just got a 10.15 lb butt yesterday for $11.00. Too nice to pass up.

Reactions: 912smoker

This starts Wed 6/26
View attachment 699451
Holy crap. Lol I really should resist but likely wont. Do you trim any fat when you grind them for burger?

Holy crap. Lol I really should resist but likely wont. Do you trim any fat when you grind them for burger?
I don't know what the proper etiquette of trimming fat off a brisket for grinding is but I generally cut out the deckle fat and that's about it. Though recently have come to find out that the deckle fat seems to be really good for ground beef and sausage so I was probably doing things wrong hahaha.

I do still follow the rule that you should trim and throw out any tissue that you wouldn't cut off, throw in a skillet, and eat. If you wouldnt eat it that way then it does not deserve to make it into grind. Very good rule when you see stuff that can't pass that test, and makes sense when you really think about it hahaha.

In either case my ground beef brisket comes out great with no deckle fat. Just go with what's simple and don't grind anything that is nasty and you should be ok :D

Reactions: jcam222
Not showing up today in digital coupon but can't wait for tomorrow to clip!!
Thanks for sharing!

Keith

LET'S GO!

Just in time for July 4.

Thanks, this is a great deal, got 1 in the deep freezer, but I'll maKe room for 1 more if this works in 30019. Should work, I just got a 10.15 lb butt yesterday for $11.00. Too nice to pass up.

Well guys since you can see I live in brisket country with these amazing prices, what I have learned is that if you have a good vac sealer and are going to smoke 1 brisket, you might as well do 2 at the same time because the prep and extra cooking time is negligible compared to doing 2 sperate briskets.

Eat on one and then slice and vac seal the other and you have brisket pretty much whenever you want.

I also learned that I like briskets about 15 pounds or heavier so I can trim away the thin flat meat and repurpose it for grind, braised dishes, stews, or anything else a good hunk of tough beef is good for (oh pastrami?!).
Getting a big one means that when you trim away that hunk of flat meat, cut out the deckle and trim any other excessive fat or scrappy meat that burns up, you will end up with about 8-10 pounds of brisket that makes it to the smoker.
Once that finishes smoking you will end up with at least 5+ pounds of cooked brisket.
Doing two means 10+ pounds of brisket overall which is a good haul. 5 pounds of brisket goes away too fast when you share it with a couple of people and eat on it during the week. Then, if like me, you wish you had more to show for that brisket smoking effort. Two briskets feels like the effort was 110% worth it where 1 was like "MAN I wish had more left over" hahahaha.

Finally, on an MES40 rack, you can trim those big briskets down to just fit the rack size and that is a rough guide to know you will have a good amount of meat in the end. Where 12-13 pound and smaller briskets wont fill up almost all of an MES40 rack when trimmed down the way I do it :D

Just some lessoned learned since it is a limit of 2 and the price is great. It helps justify getting 2 monsters that you can honestly feel happy about getting rather than thinking "am I just hording meat?" lol

Here at 30534 there's also a $6 off is you spend $50 in the meat department good thru 7/6. If you bought 2 15 pounders that would be another .20 cents off per pound. Don't know if they will stack but I'm gonna find out. Either way that is an insanely cheap price for around here. We rarely buy brisket because it's usually too expensive. At that price I can afford it just to grind!
Thank you tallbm tallbm for the heads up on that one. And thank you dr k dr k for starting this thread!

Hmm. I just tried to grab that brisket coupon, and got, "Coupons aren't available right now. Select Home to choose another store, or try again later."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky