Tomato harvest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
My tomatoes are really cranking out the fruit now. I’m the last few days picked these. Cherries are Sun Sugar and Tommy toe. The big ones are a mix of Yellow Amish Brandywine, Chefs Orange slicer, couple German Johnson’s and a bunch of Early Girls. No Cherokee Purple this time. They are slowing down. They are my overall favorite tomato.
E87F9692-AB1D-432C-9711-166A8D517AE5.jpeg

Nice, we had a good year as well. Was not able to find Cherokee Purple seeds or plants locally. But on next year's list...JJ

Reactions: jcam222
Nice haul Jeff. Cherokee purple is my favorite as well. If you like those check out the black cherry tomatoes next year
I’ve grown those before and love them!! All the “black” tomatoes are awesome. I’ve grown several heirloom Russian varieties as well. The ones I remember are Black Prince and Black Krim. Another super cool tomato is Aunt Ruby’s German Green. Stays green when ripe with just a little yellow on the shoulder. Full tomato flavor. Makes for a cool colorful tomato plate with the others. I didn’t get it this year.

Nice haul! My tomatoes are done. Ate the last tomatoes when I made the baked redfish ryan. But next years bed is already prepped with ~600lbs. of fish carcasses.....
I’ll probably get a couple more weeks tops.

I’ve grown those before and love them!! All the “black” tomatoes are awesome. I’ve grown several heirloom Russian varieties as well. The ones I remember are Black Prince and Black Krim. Another super cool tomato is Aunt Ruby’s German Green. Stays green when ripe with just a little yellow on the shoulder. Full tomato flavor. Makes for a cool colorful tomato plate with the others. I didn’t get it this year.
Nice I'll check that out. If you like krims you should try black seaman

Nice harvest. . .
Thanks! They are really coming on.
Nice, we had a good year as well. Was not able to find Cherokee Purple seeds or plants locally. But on next year's list...JJ
Have you grown them before JJ?
Wow that’s quite a harvest Jeff! They always seem to ripen at once and then you’re swimming in them.
Ain’t that the truth!!
View attachment 459174
They will send you a very nice color catalog every winter for free if you join the mailing list. Catalog has thousands of seeds with pics. They sell and ship plants as well
I’m going to get on their mailing list for sure. Thanks.
Nice harvest Jeff ! Those cherry ones would be gone in a hurry over here. The boys would be eating them right out of the bowl like popcorn ! Lol!
My wife can eat those things like a machine!! I like just eating them as a snack too. Hell when I am picking them I eat a lot LOL.

My tomatoes are really cranking out the fruit now. I’m the last few days picked these. Cherries are Sun Sugar and Tommy toe. The big ones are a mix of Yellow Amish Brandywine, Chefs Orange slicer, couple German Johnson’s and a bunch of Early Girls. No Cherokee Purple this time. They are slowing down. They are my overall favorite tomato. View attachment 459172
Here is some info that will help in saving seeds for your future

I have not tried Puple Cherokee or Black Krim but want to next year. Supposed to be very Tasty!...JJ

That is a fine haul of tomatoes there! I haven't done a garden in years but maybe I should.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky