Todays Sourdough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Easy loaf today.

PXL_20240701_233513635.jpg

PXL_20240701_233609612.jpg

PXL_20240701_233615584.jpg

Very nice, Rick

Due to cool temps, I haven't gotten my sourdough started back in MN. Too frugal to get a proofer. Temps are there so I'll start some this week.

That look Kill'er, as usual!!!

Any more heat out here, and I could bake a loaf, on the driveway.
And they are calling for 106- 112 degrees for the next 7 days.
It was still 80* at 10:00 PM tonight.

I absolutely hate the summer time.
The heat makes me feel super sick these days .

Reactions: JLeonard
That look Kill'er, as usual!!!

Any more heat out here, and I could bake a loaf, on the driveway.
And they are calling for 106- 112 degrees for the next 7 days.
It was still 80* at 10:00 PM tonight.

I absolutely hate the summer time.
The heat makes me feel super sick these days .
I totally agree with you about the heat! Not quite as hot here but the humidity is cranking up and makes it all the worst.

I'm still nursing my starter....Hopefully I'll be cranking out good looking loaves like this soon!

Jim

:emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: I totally agree with you about the heat! Not quite as hot here but the humidity is cranking up and makes it all the worst.

I'm still nursing my starter....Hopefully I'll be cranking out good looking loaves like this soon!

Jim
Jim, the only thing I like about California heat is at least it is dry heat. A few yrs ago I made the mistake of going to visit a friend in Kansas in July. As soon as i got off the plane, I knew I was in trouble, it was swampy and HOT which I had never felt up to then. Yuck!!!

I live in one of the hotter areas of CA, when I was younger I worked and played outside in the heat with no problems
I just can't do it these days.

Isn't great getting old? :emoji_cry: :emoji_persevere::emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
As soon as i got off the plane, I knew I was in trouble, it was swampy and HOT which I had never felt up to then. Yuck!!!

Isn't great getting old? :emoji_cry: :emoji_persevere::emoji_laughing:
Oh man yeah! Its like breathing through a hot wet towel in a sauna! And like you, my weather tolerance window is getting narrower and narrower.

Jim

• Sad
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky