To B or not to B (MES)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerry hines

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Tuttle, Oklahoma
I have a MES 30 and want to upgrade so i don't have to cut my ribs to get them to fit into the smoker.  Like the electric models due to the "set it and forget it"  method when I don't have time to do the 3-2-1.    Is the 40 a good upgrade or am i going to be wanting something better ?  not ready for a wood burning unit yet. 

Thanks guys   I love this place. 

Hey Jerry, I have recently purchased the 40 MES and I am very happy with the results. I've done 3 racks of ribs at once with plenty of room to spare. Did a boston butt over night with great results. The temp control on mine is very consistent and true, I have that others have experienced a temp difference from the temp reading on the unit and true temp inside but I tested mine and its right on. I looked at several places for price and ended up getting it at Sam's for $299. The window does get smokey fast so I clean it every other smoke. If room is the only issue you won't be disappointed with upgrading to 40. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky